Main Menu

Ian Gibson's Lifeboat

Started by rogue69, 25 March, 2023, 07:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Just announced on Facebook that Ian Gibson  has agreed to publish his magnum opus LIFEBOAT with The77 Publications as a hard back book which will be launching later in the year.

rogue69

nxylas

I thought he'd more or less retired. Glad to hear this news.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Swerty

Very much looking forward to this

Blue Cactus

Very curious about this. I wonder what he's like as a writer.

rogue69

rogue69

There are 4 new pages added to the kickstarter at £595 each.

JayzusB.Christ

I've just slagged him off on another thread for saying something dickish about Wendy James, but my grud that artwork is amazing.  Up there with his absolute best, which is saying something.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

nxylas

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 30 April, 2023, 11:21:20 PMVery curious about this. I wonder what he's like as a writer.
I hope he's as good as he thinks he is. In the ComicScene interview that I quoted in the Wendy James News thread, he basically treats Alan Moore as a sort of idiot apprentice that he got lumbered with, but managed to make halfway decent through his expert tutelage. And it sounds like he's toying with the idea of writing and drawing the remaining books of Halo Jones himself. My Dunning-Krueger sense is tingling.

IndigoPrime

"toying with the idea of writing and drawing the remaining books of Halo Jones himself"

That would be a great way to get simultaneously sued and ostracised. (Although the latter assumes Moore wouldn't be thrilled about thus. Maybe he'd be OK with it. Who knows?)

nxylas

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 May, 2023, 09:02:29 PM"toying with the idea of writing and drawing the remaining books of Halo Jones himself"

That would be a great way to get simultaneously sued and ostracised. (Although the latter assumes Moore wouldn't be thrilled about thus. Maybe he'd be OK with it. Who knows?)
I don't know that he could be sued, as Rebellion owns the rights, which was one the causes of Moore's dissatisfaction with the comics industry. Whether Tharg would think it was a good idea is another matter. If I was Matt or a Kingsley, I wouldn't want to touch it with a bargepole.

rogue69

Ian Gibson has been saying that he will finish Halo Jones off by himself for a long time now, I remember back in the days of the old Bristol cons that was saying it back then but nothing happened apart from the controversial print he did that Rebellion stopped

13school

Supposedly he pitched a book 4 to Tharg at some stage (my guess would be around the time that Skizz came back), but it was knocked back.

To be fair, it seems that a lot of the initial world-building came from Gibson, so it's not like he didn't contribute anything to that side of things

broodblik

I would love a book 4 but without Alan Moore I can not see this happening
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

nxylas

I suppose it's possible (though highly unlikely) that, as Indigo Prime said upthread, He Who Knows The Score might say "go ahead, you have my blessing, here's my notes". I can't see it happening otherwise.