Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Bryan Talbot or Kev O’Neill

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 January, 2021, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Last time we, in the Current Tournament we had to make a call between the two definitive (can you have two definitive anythings???) Dante artists Simon Fraser of John Burn. Well not to be out done the Classic side pulled this one out the bag. Does this boil down to you favourite Nemesis artist? Was Talbots' Book 4 the absolute peak of the series, or does O'Neill's Book 3 top it?... well actually you might like Book 2 but that's a tough decision for another day. Remember is this town we don't book no Marshal Law or Luther Arkwright...no dfor today we have this one to make on Tharg's work alone.

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Bryan Talbot - more info

OR

Kev O'Neill - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Friday 15th January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

Nemesis vs Nemesis - Bryan Talbot for me since he was my first encounter with Nemesis
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Argh... Both brought their own unique take to the warlock, but for all those fantastic designs of Termight and Nemesis' world, it's Kevin O'Neill for me.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

ming

As much as I love Bryan's work my vote goes to Brother O'Neill without any hesitation whatsoever.

Magnetica

For goodness sake, who did the draw?

Bryan Talbot did some of the most memorable art ever in the Prog.

Those scenes on the beach at the end of the world are just immense. And he does the definitive Torquemada as far as am concerned.

Plus his Dredd's were great.

And he has done some iconic covers.

But there are some 2000AD artists who are in an elite bracket, above all the others and Kev O'Neill is absolutely one of those. Damnit he's pretty much the founder of it.

So yeah Kev O'Neill gets my vote.

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

Kev O'Neill, even if the last Nemesis stuff wasn't a patch on the original strips.

Link Prime

Bryan Talbot - one of the only two possibilities that could beat O'Neill for me.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

Talbot is a legendary and awesome artist, but Kevin O'Neill pracitcally IS 2000AD.
As far as this Toruney's concerned, Brother O'Neill all the way...

rogue69