Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I shall nail some speakers to my lorry and buy a Wagner cd immediately!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

QuoteI'm asking questions about things most of us thought we understood

That, I suspect is not the problem people have. It's the not listening to answers.

locustsofdeath!

Riiiiiight.
So because I offer my point of view, I'm agressive and uncomfortable with what you're saying?
I don't need to defend myself against your long rambling opinion/personal attack of/against me* - because it's baseless. You know nothing about me. The only thing you know at this point is that when I see bullshit, I'll call bullshit (and calling bullshit doesn't mean I'm unfriendly, because if one of my good friends stopped me with this type of nonsense, I'd call him out on it; so it's not personal).
However, because you have felt the need to cast me as frightened, worried, agressive and uncomfortable with the "truth" you've exposed yourself as a very insecure individual. "If someone doesn't agree with me, it's because they're frightened of the enlightenment I have to offer" is what you seem to be saying.
(nevermind that I have not once disagreed with you about the way things SHOULD be or COULD be)
But let's get into this.
Had you posted, "in this particular city, in the particular burrough, from this particular police jurisdiction, this particular officer did such and such, this is a particular injustice against me and I'm going to fight it", that would have been fine, and we could talk about that particular issue.
However, you went on many many many rants about All Authority being wrong, and All Authority being dissolved, the Rights of Individual Man, ect - you expessed the sentiment that All Authority should be gotten rid of, not me. Those statements opened you up to all kinds of scrutiny. And that's why I absolutely had to call your bullshit. It's not rocket science, you know.
It comes down to practice what you preach. I could find hundreds of quotes from you in which you proclaim (paraphrasing) that all man should be free to do what he wil lso long as he doesn't hurt anyone else. And yet you serve corproations/authorities such as Nestle.
Corporations/authorities who are working to take water away from people - all water.
Corporations/authorities who are working to take away Common Man's Right to grow his own food in his own garden.
Corporations/authorities who have bullied and harrassed private farmers into using genetically modifed seeds/grain, blacklisting those who don't go with it.
All for, as you say, promisary notes.
In your eyes, Shark, in light of your comments - is you serving these corporations/authorities not...at least somewhat hypocritical?
My basic point is: don't disguise your desire for us to rally around you as you rallying for mankind.
*There was no need to make mention of hard times I've experienced in the past. You knew very little about what I was going through or what the outcome was, and I myself have chosen not to make mention of them on this forum because I would like to keep my private life private. So I'm not exactly what makes you think it's okay to bring that up in an argument/debate - possibly to cloud the waters.
I've noticed you're all about Squid Ink, Shark.
Of course, as we all know, when a squid is backed into a corner, it releases ink into the water to cloud or confuse a predator while it escapes a confrontation. Time and time again when confronted with an opinion or facts that go against what you WANT to say, you release your ink in walls of words that have very little to do with the direct point. That's how we've gotten to where we are.
I also feel it's a shame that a once-interesting thread has transformed into The Legendary Shark Thread. I for one propose that we start a new thread specifically for Shark to post in while the rest of us can come here and discuss all kinds of non-Shark-related political stuff.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

You two may be arguing, but it's sweet that you both have the same type of phone.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Banners on 11 December, 2014, 01:47:06 PM
You two may be arguing, but it's sweet that you both have the same type of phone.

Oh, I just added the dots between paragraphs on the outside chance that maybe my thoughts would register with him a little better.

As you see...

I am fully capable...

Of breaking paragraphs up...

Without dots.

Skullmo

Are you both undercover Illuminati agents each trying to destabilize the other's arguments?
It's a joke. I was joking.

TordelBack

One of the things the internet hasn't yet managed to simulate is the ability for forumites to form a ring around two playground scrappers and chant 'fight! fight! fight!' in squeaky adolescent tones.  You'll just have to use your imaginations for the moment, but rest assured I am doing it in spirit.   

It's Crippen and Turk all over again.

JamesC

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 10 December, 2014, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 December, 2014, 09:56:16 PM
Absolutely no-one's doubting your sincerity, Shark...

I do. Go all the way, or shut up.

I think I was probably the first person to use the word 'aggressive'.

It was after reading this, which I thought sounded aggressive.

The Legendary Shark

Locusts, practicality makes hypocrites of us all. It's difficult to live a pure life in an impure world. There are only three options, so far as I can see - embrace the system fully, reject the system totally or navigate as best as you can between the two. I am aware of my own hypocrisy but I'm more irritated by it than ashamed of it. The way the world works forces all kinds of actions and situations on me that I can't get around is a pain in the arse. All I can do is try to make the least hypocritical choice in any given situation. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong.
I ask nobody to rally round me but I appreciate it when they do.
I ask nobody to believe me but I appreciate it when they do.
I apologise for bringing up our private conversations, that was wrong of me.
And you're right, there has been rather too much from me lately so I'll shut up and leave the driving to somebody else for a bit.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

Then if I was agressive, I was agressive. I simply meant "put up or shut up" or "practice what you preach".

But my point still stands: don't proclaim this or that, yet do the exact opposite. Somehow that's been overlooked by my fellow forumites. Shark has been allowed to stand up on his pulpit and dismiss anyone who finds flaws in his logic, has attacked others in a personal way...yet the words "shut up". I apologize to all thoise who I offended  ::).

The Legendary Shark

This all seemed to start in the Writers' Block thread. Oh, and just so you know, you do not offend me.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

No, it didn't. I find your logic here in this thread highly flawed. I don't express my opinion in this thread because I have a vendetta against you, or I'm picking on you.

The Legendary Shark

Well, that's good to know.
Are we done pissing at one another now? I hope so, because I want to explain to you, in exacting detail, just precisely where you are going wrong in every conceivable area of your life...
;-)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Old Tankie

So, what's everybody doing for Christmas?