Main Menu

Judge Dredd 2 The Video Game: Cursed Earth Justice.

Started by dweezil2, 01 January, 2015, 11:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

O.K this is just for a bit of fun and an example of wild speculative 'what if?' wish fulfilment.

But who else thinks, in the absence of a cinematic sequel to the brilliant Dredd movie, it would be a good idea for Rebellion pull out all the stops and give us a video game sequel, utilising Alex Garland's story ideas and direct involvement?

What format should the game take?

First person shooter, third person, platformer, a combination?

You decide!   ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

dweezil2

Quote from: Goaty on 01 January, 2015, 11:24:24 PM
As many people want, Batman Arkham City style.

That does seem the prefered choice!

As long as there was to be some Lawmaster sections!   ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Ghost MacRoth

From what I can gather from screenshots on Google....would Arkham be sort of a third person/interactive movie type deal??  Not played the game you see. 

First person shooter, for me always.  With Driving bits on the bike.  And maybe some flying.  Come to think of it, basically GTA 5 but with Dredd.  Not played that yet either though, as it's not out for PC yet.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Wouldn't Mega City One work well as an MMORPG game? You could play as Judge/ Citi Def/ SJS/ Psy Judge or Street Gang member taking on wild and crazy missions in the big bad Meg in single player/ co op or multiplayer mode for difficult missions!  :crazy:

The Star Wars and Warhammer Universes both have [or are going to have] MMORPG's and surely MC 1 is as complex and as diverse a place as theses.

This of course is pure fantasy and isn't the sort of game that Rebellion is renowned for producing. I've slightly strayed from the remit here but you have to dream a little sometimes.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

The cost of these suggestions would pay for the production of 2 Dredd feature films.

Ghost MacRoth

The revenue of a decent computer title could pay for 4. :p
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Grugz

would love it as a third person with rpg elements ,dunno about arkham apart from the unarmed combat but I would like the gta / red dead style with a bit of mass effect thrown in and even some L.A.noire investigative bits and the ability to interrogate your perps.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Grugz on 03 January, 2015, 05:55:26 PM
would love it as a third person

Naaaaah!!!!

Quote from: Grugz on 03 January, 2015, 05:55:26 PMeven some L.A.noire investigative bits and the ability to interrogate your perps.

But, oh yes indeed, good call!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 03 January, 2015, 05:50:11 PM
The revenue of a decent computer title could pay for 4. :p

You need to have the money in the first place to spend it.

Ghost MacRoth

I know man...but hey, it's a dreamers thread innit? ;)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 03 January, 2015, 07:19:49 PM
I know man...but hey, it's a dreamers thread innit? ;)

With a hint of actual suggestion.

QuoteBut who else thinks, in the absence of a cinematic sequel to the brilliant Dredd movie, it would be a good idea for Rebellion pull out all the stops and give us a video game sequel, utilising Alex Garland's story ideas and direct involvement?

Not saying a 'game' couldn't happen but an MMORPG is beyond the remit.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Franchises with larger fanbases have attempted to slay the behemoth that is WoW which casts an imposing shadow over the MMORPG genre. All of them have failed. Gone Free2Play within a year. Even Star Wars, STAR WARS, failed.
You may quote me on that.

Ghost MacRoth

For me - and possibly, many others - the problem with most MMOG is that the majority of 'real people' you encounter, don't act like real people in the slightest.  AI show far more human qualities of self preservation and teamwork in the majority of games I've encountered.  Some games, the suicidal 'yes I died, but I took two of them with me, and I'm already re-spawning' attitude works fine, 'cause the game is a brainless exercise in graphics.  I don't know about WoW, as I've never really been bothered to try it, so don't have any idea what kind of game it is.  However, be it a very successful graphical stick of bubble gum for the brain, or be it the pinnacle of what a MMOG should be.....I can't really see it being responsible for the failure of other games.  That'd possibly be more their own fault for just not being good enough. 

Definitely Not Mister Pops

WoW endures because when it first came out it was ground breaking. There are people that have been playing for years upon years. MMORPGs are also massive time sinks. Players have spent years tweaking and tailoring their characters, developing guilds and alliances, building online relationships with other players who compliment their style of playing. So ever since, every time a new one comes out these players are starting off from scratch as noobs. Once they've burned through all the content in the initial release (I know a guy that burned through SW:TOR in a weekend), they've nothing left to do but grind to tailor their character and start building new alliances etc...

So they just drift back to WoW. The Comfortable Old Boots of online gaming.

If a MMORPG wants to have a chance of knocking WoW off its perch, it would have to completely overhaul MMORPG mechanics and offer players something WoW can't. It's fraight with risk.
You may quote me on that.