Main Menu

Hi

Started by Hebrew613, 30 September, 2023, 08:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hebrew613

Hebrew613

Hebrew613

Hebrew613

Ah it appears to have worked. Hear a few pics of newly framed prints and 1 piece of original art by Boo Cook.  Just click on the 3rd one down, the 1st 2 are missing the main wall pic

Le Fink

Quote from: Hebrew613 on 30 September, 2023, 09:41:11 PMAh it appears to have worked. Hear a few pics of newly framed prints and 1 piece of original art by Boo Cook.  Just click on the 3rd one down, the 1st 2 are missing the main wall pic
Yes! That worked. Nice to have some original art on the walls. Thanks for sharing!

Hebrew613

No probs. It's nice to share it with people who understand what it is. That igmur thing is great. Never come across that before. Thanks for suggesting it.

I have couple of other pieces of Boo Cooks work not yet framed and a few sketches he's done over the yrs. It was fab to meet Boo and his Mrs, they were very warm and friendly and I have very fond memories of those Thought Bubble experiences. Anyway, cheers all and thanks for the welcome. I've had a fab day today meeting you. Cheers

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Hebrew613 on 30 September, 2023, 10:26:36 PMNo probs. It's nice to share it with people who understand what it is. That igmur thing is great. Never come across that before. Thanks for suggesting it.

If you scroll down the links options they have a specific "forums" link and it posts you pictures directly on the page.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Funt Solo

Quote from: Hebrew613 on 30 September, 2023, 09:34:37 PMhttps://imgur.com/a/XpLXdYC

If you want the image to show up on the page here, then you do this:

1. Open the imgur page (e.g. https://imgur.com/a/XpLXdYC)
2. Right-click the image and select Open image in new tab
3. Copy the URL (e.g. https://i.imgur.com/svg3LAa.jpeg) of the new tab
4. Click the little Insert an image button in the forum posting interface
5. Paste in the URL you copied
6. Adjust width to something sensible (maybe 500 or so)
7. Post when ready:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hebrew613

Great, I'll keep that for next time, thats a great bit of of tech knowledge for next time for an old timer like me. Thanks very much, greatly appreciated

Le Fink

Quote from: Hebrew613 on 30 September, 2023, 11:48:47 PMGreat, I'll keep that for next time, thats a great bit of of tech knowledge for next time for an old timer like me. Thanks very much, greatly appreciated
Oh good glad one of the old hands stepped in to help - I'm fairly new here and have been manually resizing things to paste in like an eejit. Like those Boo Cook pencils and having the original page gives a nice insight into the method. Plus the page is pretty big!

Hebrew613

Yeah, I love Boo Cooks style, very energetic and really jumps off the page. For me he really epitomises Dredd. It was worth going to Thought Bubble just for that alone

Funt Solo

Quote from: Le Fink on 01 October, 2023, 08:00:24 AM...manually resizing things to paste in...

In danger of being a tech-nerd, but:

1. If you resize using the forum interface, then the image is still actually the original size behind the scenes, so if you right-click to either Open image in new tab or to download it (Save image as...) then you get the whole thing.

2. If you manually resize the image smaller prior to posting (say, to imgur), then you're saving everyone some small amount of download time. (But then, I remember the OG Internet when your mum could cripple your computer by emailing you full size photos.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Le Fink

Quote from: Funt Solo [Rlink=msg=1105630 date=1696175188]
Quote from: Le Fink on 01 October, 2023, 08:00:24 AM...manually resizing things to paste in...

In danger of being a tech-nerd, but:

1. If you resize using the forum interface, then the image is still actually the original size behind the scenes, so if you right-click to either Open image in new tab or to download it (Save image as...) then you get the whole thing.

2. If you manually resize the image smaller prior to posting (say, to imgur), then you're saving everyone some small amount of download time. (But then, I remember the OG Internet when your mum could cripple your computer by emailing you full size photos.)
Thanks for the tips!