Main Menu

Justice, good order, and the rigid application of the law

Started by JohnW, 19 January, 2024, 01:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I do seem to remember that both the living and the dead burned together in the nuclear fires, in a nuclear-explosion-based descriptive piece that stood out mainly by not being as good as the descriptions in the Apocalypse War.

Dave Stone had it right in Armitage, as he so often did - the Brit Cit Justice Department just looked at the statistics at the beginning and deduced that the zombies couldn't do that much damage to their city.

I didn't like Judgement Day much, as you may have guessed. Neither Dredd nor Alpha sounded right to me, and characters like Hershey and McGruder were reduced to action figures with big guns.  That Banana City Judge being forced to betray Dredd's squad, having a vindictive laugh about it - why? He and his city were doomed as well.  And, as you say, the song and dance numbers. Nope. Could have been brilliant in the hands of a more experienced writer, but it just wasn't.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 February, 2024, 05:46:04 PMThat Banana City Judge being forced to betray Dredd's squad

The art in Regime Change is a bit embarrassing for 2006. I hadn't re-read it in a while, and was a bit taken aback by the extent of the stereotypical racial caricatures. The only thing that saves it is that everything is presented as over-the-top - Dredd is a bulging giant, for example. The tanks are as big as a city block.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]