Main Menu

The Dream Warriors

Started by richerthanyou, 04 March, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

So I just woke up from a crazy dream. Bruce Forsyth was my lecturer for Bio Science!

I just had to do a google search and see if he is still alive.

Any dream interpreters here who can shed some light on what it means?

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

The Legendary Shark

Science to see you, to see you, science.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

You get nothing for a base pair.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

I keep dreaming that I'm still at school / university, with shitloads to do and little chance of getting it done.  Which is exactly how things were for me back then; so it's possibly a the middle-class, pampered-generation version of PTSD. I always wake up stressed and anxious, which gradually gives way to intense relief that all that stuff was years ago and I'm in gainful (if unconventional and erratic) employment.

Is this a regular thing for people of my age? Will it ever stop?

(Mind you, it's almost worth it for the feeling of appreciation for what my life is actually like.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I haven't had a school dream for ages - they were generally about me turning up with the wrong books or being unable to find the class I was supposed to be in - but I remember how unnerving they could be.
Lately, my most recurring dreams are about being dragged out of wherever I'm living by drooling demons (upsetting) or finding a hitherto unnoticed door somewhere I otherwise know well which leads to a much expanded and better version of reality (exciting/uplifting).
I love dreaming, I do, but don't remember many of them. It's odd, I often wake up knowing that I was either enjoying or not enjoying a dream but have no memory of what it was about (frustrating).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

richerthanyou

I had a dream I was on a boat with Tom Cruise.

Nothing sexual happened though. I swear.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

M.I.K.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 March, 2016, 12:46:21 PM
I keep dreaming that I'm still at school / university, with shitloads to do and little chance of getting it done.  Which is exactly how things were for me back then; so it's possibly a the middle-class, pampered-generation version of PTSD.

I'm working class and mostly unpampered and I get the back at school dreams too, (and I've never done my homework in any of them).

Some part of my brain is always conscious of the fact I'm too old to still be there, though, so it tries to rationalise the situation by coming up with the notion that I've been there a few years longer because of a qualification I need to obtain before I'm allowed to leave, but I never get it. There's also sometimes an added element of missing the bus home or being in danger of doing so.

However, what usually eventually happens in these dreams is that I either realise I have no need to be there at all and just go back home or into town instead, or I remember just how long it is since I was last at school and figure out I must be dreaming.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 12 March, 2016, 08:28:43 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 March, 2016, 12:46:21 PM
I keep dreaming that I'm still at school / university, with shitloads to do and little chance of getting it done.  Which is exactly how things were for me back then; so it's possibly a the middle-class, pampered-generation version of PTSD.

I'm working class and mostly unpampered

Well, my own life doesn't exactly involve being carried about in a sedan chair with flower petals thrown in my path. I By 'pampered' I kind of meant not having to work on our knees down filthy coal mines, or living in waterlogged trenches while shells explode nearby. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Grugz

had a couple of weird ones latest one was Debbie McGee out on the town and everyone was shocked with paul being as ill as he is it ended with a strange looking fella in a white robe saying "its happened" meaning paul was dead,but the weirder thing was he kept changing into Sylvester McCoy and the dream ended with the opening credits of sylveters tenure as dr who without the music!!!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

This dream haunted me all last night and even woke me up a couple of times.

I was part of a trio of exorcists - one trio out of many spread throughout the world. Our leader was a huge, corpulant black woman who looked about fifty but was in fact much older, almost as old as humanity itself. She was the exorcist who drew the demons out of people and things. The second was a strangely vague and androgynous person whose job it was to heal the victim after being exorcised and also to heal me after I'd done my part. My part was to kill the demons after the exorcism and my hands and arms were covered in scars. All three of us could see the demons but the rest of humanity (except the other exorcism teams) could not.

Once the demons were drawn out of the victim or object they'd been inhabiting, they became corporeal for a short time, long enough for me to kill it. But bullets or blades or fire wouldn't work, they had to be physically strangled or crushed or dismembered, which was my job. On extraction, the demons looked like a cross between the chest-burster from Alien and John Carpenter's The Thing - small, strong, vicious little things with razor sharp teeth, claws and spines and covered in noxious slime. The screams as I killed them, or tried to as sometimes they escaped, were horrid.

The world was full of these demons but most people simply couldn't see them or feel them (over 90% of the population was infected) and didn't even believe in them. This situation had been going on forever, gradually getting worse, as the demons drove people to commit everyday acts of inhumanity without even realising it.

It was a very disturbing dream, or sequence of dreams, indeed.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 March, 2016, 09:16:37 AM

The world was full of these demons but most people simply couldn't see them or feel them (over 90% of the population was infected) and didn't even believe in them. This situation had been going on forever, gradually getting worse, as the demons drove people to commit everyday acts of inhumanity without even realising it.

Cross-referencing this with your posts over on the Political thread, it's not hard to interpret.  Cool dream, though; it's like Crossed or something!

Me, I had one last night that Russia and the US were at war, and the nukes were about to fly - I think a couple of them had gone off already because a nuclear winter was beginning outside.  Everyone knew the world was about to end so I went to my parents' house to await Armageddon with them.  The TV and radio weren't working but my Dad had somehow found out that 'the President is dead'.  Which President he meant, I don't know.

A lot of the time with dreams, I kind of know I'm dreaming, and I'm playing a character in them, aware it's not real.  Not this time though, I really believed the whole world was about to get annihilated. Not fun.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 March, 2016, 10:42:07 AM

Cross-referencing this with your posts over on the Political thread, it's not hard to interpret. 

Yes, it does seem like my subconscious is as unsubtle as the rest of me! Maybe I'll turn it into a comic script or something...

Hope your dream wasn't prophetic!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 March, 2016, 12:17:17 PMMaybe I'll turn it into a comic script or something...

Do. I'd read the fucker.

I think the apocalypse is kind of a recurring dream for me, though the global destruction takes different forms - nuclear war, asteroids, floods etc.  I remember a few times being really, really scared because I was about to die; trying in vain to comfort myself with the fact that everyone else was going to die with me.  Brrrr.