Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

As a young lad squinting at the back of Dredd Titans, I always took that one cover with the grave as Ian Gibson, but clearly it isnt in full size!

I'm going to Occam's Razor my opinion that both are Colquhoun. It has a few echoes of Baiie like it has echoes of Gibson, but theres no killer line or facial feature or such that makes it look less like Colquhoun's original art and more like any one elses

JohnW

So that's me, you, lincnashOZ and William of Occam all saying Colquhoun.
We'll show them yet.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 31 January, 2023, 10:12:55 PM
theres no killer line or facial feature or such that makes it look less like Colquhoun's original art and more like any one elses

That tree on the graveyard cover has literally nothing about it that says Colquhoun, IMO. And, again, I'm with PJ on the inking of the horse, especially the lower part, that has a strong whiff of Baikie.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JohnW

William of Occam is making rude gestures behind your back.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

lincnash

The Legendary Shark

We could draw straws for someone to ask Uncle Pat... (He probably has a story about it.)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

He'd probably try to take credit for it himself.
You may quote me on that.

lincnash

NFT's of Colquhoun's Book 1 and 2 images are in the pre-order stage as we type.
:o

I LOVE that the emojis are back, thanks basement dwelling forum droids.

Trooper McFad

Here I am again bringing "Does my Figure look big in this" back to a discussion on figures.
Remember this is an all Squaxx thread (not my own) and the more and varied models/ figures added from the Tooth world the better. I loved seeing Lincnash's creations and look forward to seeing his future works.

Anyway 2nd month of the year almost done and I have another character finished.
This one was a mistake by myself as I thought it was going to be the same scale as the other base models I bought off eballs. He's a WWE figure but I can't remember what he is called and it's only around 7 inches tall not my usual 12 inches.

As always I have attached pictures of the figure Primed, base coated & finished.
So I give you my version of DIRTY FRANK with his Teddy.

I think I've captured the essence of Frank from the comics and he is my favourite Low life character.

Work on my next figure is well under way and hopefully finished by the end of March.

Enjoy

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 20 February, 2023, 01:26:52 PMHere I am again bringing "Does my Figure look big in this" back to a discussion on figures.

Excellent, everyone was getting very OffTopic for a while, myself included.
But 2000AD Forums seems to be a fairly relaxed place (compared to the majority of the intermahnets) and no mods got involved  :)

Sculpy Dirty Frank is looking very good there Mr.McFad. "I am 3"  :D
I like 'scale parity' in my collections too, though he's looking great in 6 inch or 1/12 scale.
You'll have to post a size comparison with some of your earlier creations.
Carry on with the good work.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys I'll get round to posting the last 2 figures side by side to show the difference. At present Frank is standing by himself  :(

JohnW

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 20 February, 2023, 01:26:52 PMHe's a WWE figure but I can't remember what he is called

Dynamite Dirty Frank – all swole and hench and ready to rumble!

Trooper McFad

Sorry it took so long to get round to doing the comparison. So here is Dirty Frank next to Stix (Little and large)

Don't worry they are not standing next to each other in the office

lincnash

Looking good T.Mc.F, you'll have to rename him Mini-Frank  :lol:
... or the other Maxi-Styx.