Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 August, 2009, 01:14:26 PM
I wish i was owed some money.

It just goes to show, if you wish hard enough your wishes will one day come true!
STRIKE !!!

M.I.K.

I've just noticed the email address on my profile is wrong.

This means if anyone from here has attempted contacting me via that address, you've actually been sending an email to a completely different Malcolm Kirk who probably doesn't even read 2000ad.

Just off to change it now...

Edit : There. That's better.

COMMANDO FORCES

What pisses me off as of late, is when people join the forum just to sell their collection. Okay I know they might get a buyer but it does get on my tits when Mr, or Mrs one post joins trying to flog their progs  >:D

vzzbux

Quote from: M.I.K. on 05 April, 2010, 02:25:38 AM
I've just noticed the email address on my profile is wrong.

This means if anyone from here has attempted contacting me via that address, you've actually been sending an email to a completely different Malcolm Kirk who probably doesn't even read 2000ad.

Just off to change it now...

Edit : There. That's better.

You  could have given us a day to send random messages to this false Malcolm Kirk.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

Back in September I started up five new GCSE courses, which I had to quit by Christmas to get another job because I was earning less as an FE teacher than I could earn as a road sweeper. My conscience was reasonably clear on leaving, because those courses were my idea and they wouldn't have run at all if I hadn't set them up.

The bad part comes when I learn that none of the four tutors they found to replace me are particularly good. Their sociology tutor teaches them stuff that's not on the syllabus as well as stuff I already covered last autumn. Their psychology tutor gives them unethical experiments to do involving the general public. Their English language tutor doesn't like literature, and their literature tutor can't mark essays because he's been used to a different exam board's marking scheme for the past 20 years and can't cope with using a new one.
STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

A few weeks ago a I ordered the second Requiem collection (the Heavy Metal one that goes all the way up to 6, not the Titan one that only goes to 4) from Amazon.com and I've just discovered that it's a slightly different size to first one! Thankfully, the spines have the same design.
We never really die.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

staticgirl

Roger Godpleton

There was a QUEUE in the CHIP SHOP. On a TUESDAY.

I forgot to bring a book. It was Brighton Rock. The Catholic Church strikes again...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

I called into the WestCornwallPasty today for a cheese and onion pasty and they were very nearly half the size that they used to be.I hate it when businesses do this with food because its insulting because they think that i wont mind or wont notice the difference in size but i do so they have lost a loyal customer.

>:(

They used to be one of the few things i could eat as a snack that was actually filling but there is another pasty shop so i will now go there instead.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mikey

My cat (Jonesey) has been undertaking a campaign of guerilla warfare on a sort of stray that has incurred on Jonesey's turf. This interloper is bigger and much more pissed off with the world it would seem and has, over the last three or so months, knocked the fluff out of my cat on a few occasions.

Long story short (involves the vet, nearly losing an eye and another abcess), Jonesey hasn't been out in nearly two weeks. I don't know if it's wise to let him out any more. He's going fuckin mental. He's driving me mental.

And don't forget the brown sharks in the litter tray. ::)

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Richmond Clements

I need to knuckle down and seriously get some writing done, but I'm fucking lazy!

COMMANDO FORCES

I've just watched £795 fly out my wallet when I collected my car from the garage.
Sweet Joy  ::)

COMMANDO FORCES

Sat in traffic jam on the A406 west bound just before the underpass of the A1010.
Why?
Because a bloke is thinking about ending it all.
Looks like an even easier night than normal.