Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Fucking stupid goth vegetarians who think their disapproval of halal butchery has anything at all to do with a discussion of personal ethical reasons for not eating meat.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I seem to have Fleas as i am sitting here drawing and i keep feeling them crawling up my leg.I have destroyed 9 so far in various ways including burning them with a lighter flame but i never get bitten by them but this has been going on for a couple of days but i have no idea where they came from.

This weather is a pain as well as its stopping all my work and this week has been a complete dead loss.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 August, 2010, 08:01:02 PM
I forgot that the front door out of work is still barred (those Camp Climate protesters) so had to go out the back.
I read on the bbc site that people were "being encouraged not to come to work" on Monday because of it. When I was on bloody holiday. I'll not be impressed if I can't claim back a day's annual leave!
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

I think it was "encouraged to work from home". We had quite a few Gogarburn refugees in our office and there were a few in Glasgow as well.

But apart from that, how was your holiday?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Cosh on 27 August, 2010, 12:12:05 AM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 August, 2010, 08:01:02 PM
I forgot that the front door out of work is still barred (those Camp Climate protesters) so had to go out the back.
I read on the bbc site that people were "being encouraged not to come to work" on Monday because of it. When I was on bloody holiday. I'll not be impressed if I can't claim back a day's annual leave!

Monday is a bank holiday.

Anyway hose them all down.

Bloody Vegan Hippy LentilMunchers !

Kerrin

COMMANDO FORCES

This SLOW speed internet on the Broads has been a killer this last week, thank Grud I'm back home tomorrow so I can really catch up with the forum and other stuff.
I even tried to buy a spare prog whilst here but that was fruitless  ::)
At least I managed to pop round Judge Palmers house for an evening and he and his good lady made the Forces family very welcome.
By the way, Great Yarmouth is NOT great!

Rog69

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 27 August, 2010, 10:52:24 PM
By the way, Great Yarmouth is NOT great!

Whilst I concur with you, I have a four year old who would strongly disagree ;)

Roger Godpleton

All I get from Youtube recommendations these days is Brad Pitt getting shot in the head. ::)

Also, I shaved in the bath and managed to lose 0.01% of myself in the process.

Then, my dad forced me to watch Queens of the Stone Age on BBC3 in order to determine whether Dave Grohl was on drums or not. (HE WASN'T.)
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SmallBlueThing

It's nearly half twelve on a Saturday, and no bugger's nabbed the prog 1700 thread yet.
SBT

Peter Wolf

I am terrible at figures and maths and the amount of times i have made really stupid mathematical errors and then typed them but for some reason it doesnt compute.

I said in another comment that 44.1 Ibs was 5.25 percent of what i weigh which was completely stupid when it should have been a fifth.Honestly if there wasnt any such thing as a calculator i would be screwed because i cant do written or mental arithmatic properly even when its that basic.

It all just gets on my tits big time.

My final school exam result in maths was the lowest grade it was possible to get.

Noisybast

I did see that and, by my reckoning, that would have made you over 60 stone, but I'm not that confident of my maths either, so I kept schtum! :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from 'Whofann', over on the 2000AD & The Megazine thread at Gallifreybase. 'Whofann' is *c*j*, if you didn't know.

Today at 2.59pm "Prog 1700 has got some good reviews on the 2k forum so it seems the content is high quality."

He still lurks!

SBT

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 August, 2010, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from 'Whofann', over on the 2000AD & The Megazine thread at Gallifreybase. 'Whofann' is *c*j*, if you didn't know.

Today at 2.59pm "Prog 1700 has got some good reviews on the 2k forum so it seems the content is high quality."

He still lurks!

SBT

I just spent a good hour or so going through his contributions over there.  I see he's already had to be warned by the mod about personal attacks. He does seem to be staying relatively sane for the most part though.* Perhaps he's learned his lesson.

Or maybe the madness is just around the corner.

*I was slightly perturbed to find that his views, while being slightly more vehemently expressed, pretty much mirror my on the subject of Stront.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read