Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 July, 2011, 02:04:19 AM
Quote from: House of Usher on 04 July, 2011, 01:49:33 AM...there is a gap in our roof which resembles a letter box.

Once a postman....

It's like you can see into my very soul.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 04 July, 2011, 01:49:33 AM
I've known for some time that the roof was missing a few slates at the back of the house and that I would eventually have to get it fixed because sooner or later the roof would start leaking; I just didn't know where I was going to find a few hundred quid to get the job done. Well, it can't be put off any longer: a water penetration stain has now appeared on the landing ceiling and in the corner of the guest bedroom. A visual inspection of the problem carried out from atop a neat pile of bricks at the end of the neighbour's garden reveals that there is a gap in our roof which resembles a letter box. No wonder there has been rain coming in. I'm sure it wasn't like that when we first noticed the problem.

It shouldnt cost you a few hundred quid to replace a few missing/broken slates as slates/tiles are cheap and it shouldnt take anyone more than an hour or two to replace them presuming that its accessable by ladder.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Rog69

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 04 July, 2011, 06:22:56 PM
I've known for some time that the roof was missing a few slates at the back of the house and that I would eventually have to get it fixed because sooner or later the roof would start leaking; I just didn't know where I was going to find a few hundred quid to get the job done. Well, it can't be put off any longer: a water penetration stain has now appeared on the landing ceiling and in the corner of the guest bedroom. A visual inspection of the problem carried out from atop a neat pile of bricks at the end of the neighbour's garden reveals that there is a gap in our roof which resembles a letter box. No wonder there has been rain coming in. I'm sure it wasn't like that when we first noticed the problem.

It shouldnt cost you a few hundred quid to replace a few missing/broken slates as slates/tiles are cheap and it shouldnt take anyone more than an hour or two to replace them presuming that its accessable by ladder.

Have you checked to see if this is covered by your home insurance?

I lost a couple of slates from my last house and I was covered, they even arranged for the roofer and plasterer to come out and do the repairs.

vzzbux

Probably the work of Magpies. The house opposite us had about six of the bastards vandalising the tiles a few years ago. It was amazing to watch though.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Banners

Dammit, just did my first VAT Return wrong. It's all too clever for me - turns out that input actually means money that's gone out and output actually means money that's come in. Am I facing a fine, or might I even go to prison?

Dandontdare

paddykafka

If you've seen the film "Brazil" then you'll know to anticipate a large, circular hole being drilled into your roof and Tax Inspector shock-troops leaping down from it into your living-room to arrest you. Be sure to ask for a receipt for your receipt and make bloody sure that your sirname is not "Buttle" nor, for that matter, "Tuttle".

House of Usher

Quote from: Rog69 on 04 July, 2011, 06:31:34 PM
Have you checked to see if this is covered by your home insurance?

Thanks. I've looked into it. It's not covered. It'd be a gamble on a surveyor agreeing it's storm damage and not slippage. If he disagrees that's a £160 surveyor's fee on top. I think I can get it done fairly cheaply through contacts in the building trade. There are four separate roofing jobs I need to get looked into anyway. May as well get them all sorted out together.
STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

I was thinking of heading into town to see Akira at the pictures but it turns out it starts at one and no half past as I thought. To get there in time I'd have had to cycle but it's pissing down.

Oh well, I can stay in read SVK and watch the Tour de France instead.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Had a letter from EON today saying that they wanted to put my direct debit up from £70 to £88 a month. Obviously I got straight on the phone and asked them why they thought this was going to happen, especially as they had only just paid me back over £150 due to being in credit so much. The woman on the phone said they can't reduce it anymore (like they have had to do every year since I have been with them), as it's new company bollocks. So I said, "I tell you what, just cancel my direct debit, I'm gone. Each time a firm like yours messes me around, especially as it's no fault of mine I leave and I can guarantee you I won't ever be back, even if I have to pay more at another firm!"

I honestly can't believe it, greedy fuckers. I had to explain to her that with the money handed back to me already and the new extra added onto the DD, I would be paying over £370 extra a year. That's well over a third of my bill now and even with the rises due I would be nowhere near that. She couldn't grasp simple maths and so I felt my time with eon was at an end. It seems as if my password was true in the end.....ripoffmerchants  >:D

COMMANDO FORCES

I just logged onto my account to get the usage and all that bollocks to help with who I switch to and I've noticed that my energy consumption has gone down by 28.7% in total comparing 2011 to 2010. I wish I had looked at that before my phone call  >:(

COMMANDO FORCES

I had to join itunes today, just so Caz can watch the Foo Fighters at 21:00 tonight  ::)