Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Up before 7am on a Sunday to drive my brother to the airport, the penny only dropped though - tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of 911 and he is flying into the NE of the US (Boston not NY). Granted you are probably about as safe as you can be flying tomorrow (unless you are a swarthy gentlemen) and I don't buy the chain letters doing the rounds (asking you to send them to friends in NY telling them to leave town tomorrow*) but it does bring it all very much into focus.

* Probably originated from the Union of New York Burglars.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

I dropped him off at the airport and the first person to walk passed the car was wearing long Islamic robes and was sporting a big beard. I hope he was picking someone up because he otherwise I'd imagine he is going to have a much more awkward journey.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Tiplodocus

While Mrs Tips was away overnight I managed to fix the overflowing gutters (there was a tennis ball blocking the drain) and replace a leaking valve on one of the radiators (drained the system and everything).

But now the central heating pump is making that groaning grinding sound that meansa trip into the tiny loft space to get rid of an airlock. Ho hum.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

Sent our truck in to the mechanic's for our version of the MOT. The truck was supposed to be ready Friday. Still waiting. Funt.

JvB

Tiplodocus

My shiny new Blu Ray Player arrived yesterday.  But sadly, the HDMI cable didn't.  So I can't play with it and see lovely Hi-Def pictures on my TV yet.*

* That and the fact I don't actually have any Blu Ray discs - but my plan is to mainly use it for upscaling DVDs and watching iPlayer HD and streamed movies from it,

HdE

Fuh.

I spent bits of the last day and a half arguing with some obnoxious knob online over his aggressive, unfriendly reaction to a fan comic somebody posted on Deviant Art.

Yeah. I should know better. But it's a long-standing bugbear among the online community that this fella is so frequently blunt and rude about stuff he sees and doesn't like. I noticed somebody posting a comment that said 'Why are you being so nasty about somebody's creative efforts?'

He responded by saying that he considered that post offensive to him personally. At that point, the red mist descended and I did the online equivalent of grabbing him by the ankles, holding him upside down and tanning his ass with an iron rod.

(Amazing what the shift key will do!)

Naturally, this led to an ongoing back-and-forth which sees me labelled as some horrible bastard for reminding him that he needs to USE HIS WORDS when he talks to people about their work, and please NOT be an ignorant little twat about it.

Dear lord. The stuff I've heard back. 'I'm only being honest'. 'He won't learn unless I tell him'. 'I see nothing of merit here.' This stuff REALLY annoys me. It's so lazy. I can't believe people are this stupid.  The part that took the biscuit was when he said to me, indignantly 'THIS IS AN ART COMMUNITY.'

Which means what, exactly?

Jeez. This stuff makes me despair for the human race.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Hoagy

Some cunts just need bandying around the head with a plank called reality HdE.

Last night it was my birthday and I invited some new people back to my grand Palace. I'd flooded the bathroom earlier with my yearly bath running, (thankyou LoD), and that was the only thing I was conscious of until they all left at once, after doing some cocaine and accusing me of " laughing" at them. Some people make up their own minds sometimes. And they are fucking wrong!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

SmallBlueThing

Because my local whsmiths finally allows me the opportunity to buy a copy of the second Tour of Duty trade, after not seeing a copy anywhere except fp on release day. In itself annoying because i dont have a points card for whs, and i do for waterstones. However, i can live with that. I pick it up, take it to the counter and as im about to pay... When my wife phones me to say a massive bill has arrived and im not allowed to spend any money.

Balls.

SBT

Colin Zeal

If that happened to me I'd pretend that she called just a few minutes too late and had already paid for it. Which probably explains why I'm so bad with money and don't have any.

mogzilla

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 16 September, 2011, 02:28:49 PM
If that happened to me I'd pretend that she called just a few minutes too late and had already paid for it.

bad bad bad...  in my experience im guessing his wife would have asked to see the receipt and compare the time of the call against the payment. women are like that. they cant walk past a shoe shop without turning into zombies but they turn into Sherlock Holmes if they suspect youre lying to them. And youll never be allowed to forget it
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

mogzilla

unless they do it first! my wife always knocke a tenner off the price of anything she bought til she left the receipt on the bathroom shelf and the condensation tatood the price on the tiles!

Tiplodocus

Ooh me back.

Slipped carrying a big bag of heavy wet sand and now I am in a bit of discomfort and pain.

mogzilla

since all ive had to eat today was a bit of left over trifl, i have scoffed a packet of 14 fish fingers and now feel a bit sick. :sick:

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm moving Carolyn's crime books off one of the bookcases in the dining room and replacing them with a load of 2000 AD stuff. This means it will all be right next to the computer, handy reference location. The thing is I've moved her stuff to the attic, I wonder how long it will be before she notices what I've done and tells me off.
I shall explain to her that she has read all her books and will 'never' read them again, I on the other hand will delve into my stuff all the time. Let's hope she understands that I am correct and I'm allowed to keep my books here, or it's back to the cellar with them  :'(