Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 June, 2012, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 June, 2012, 10:36:23 PM
Maybe it's quantum swelling.

The minimum amount of swelling that produces any measurable effect?  That's more Roger's thing.

The board is on very good form today.

Roger Godpleton

I saw a Porsche in the car park outside the store where I work, but it was painted red like a Ferrari. All day I've been wondering about how this came about. Could they not get a Ferrari and so had to disguise their Porsche? Do they find Ferrari's gaudy except for the bright red colour? What a conundrum.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Frank

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 11 June, 2012, 11:07:17 PM
I saw a Porsche in the car park outside the store where I work, but it was painted red like a Ferrari. All day I've been wondering about how this came about. Could they not get a Ferrari and so had to disguise their Porsche? Do they find Ferrari's gaudy except for the bright red colour? What a conundrum.

Are you sure it was really red? If the name badge of the Porsche read 'Cayenne', you may be suffering from a hypostatizational psychological condition.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 June, 2012, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 June, 2012, 10:36:23 PM
Maybe it's quantum swelling.

The minimum amount of swelling that produces any measurable effect?  That's more Roger's thing.

Only measurable by Large Hardon Collider.

I, Cosh

There are some really weird noises coming from downstairs.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

vzzbux

I believe my wife is trying to kill me. Yesterday My chicken wasn't cooked through which has left me shitting water all day. A few of my customers have had their pans splattered.
To top it off I made myself some cheese cobs and they didn't taste quite right. looked at my second one and it had mould on it.
If I am not on the board next week contact the police to investigate my wife.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

R. Kelly owes The Man $4.8 million. :(

Please don't send R.Kelly to jail. :'(
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Frank

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 June, 2012, 10:49:53 PM
R. Kelly owes The Man $4.8 million. :( Please don't send R.Kelly to jail. :'(

In the pokey, R Kelly will come to reconsider his opinion that There Ain't Nothin' Wrong With A Little Bump 'n' Grind. You know what they do to nonces in prison, don't you?

Emperor

A procession of minor impediments indeed:

Next door were broken into very noisily the other night (a lump hammer to the backdoor will do that) and, even though I was awake and only feet away at some points, I missed the whole thing, including my neighbour shouting at them and three police cars turning up. Which was all very disappointing. Then it turns out they'd gone over the back garden walls and had a nose around quite a few of the houses including mine (my being up seems to have put them off completely but they gave another neighbour's house a go despite them being in too). Nothing stolen and everyone is OK, if a little shaken, but it does also mean I'm going to have to do a round of updating the security, I might end up helping the burgled neighbour too as they aren't very handy.

Also ZoneAlarm insisted on my updating to including an anti-virus as well as firewall, although you can switch the AV off. At least until it turned itself on, decided a vital component of AVG (the anti-virus I was using) was a virus and removed it, causing further errors to crop up, and there appears no way to fix AVG other than reinstall it, but then ZA will just remove it. As it is ZA being naughty then it looks like that'll have to go. Which is going to be more time down the drain.

In addition I seem to have managed to do my lower back in, whilst asleep. God knows how I managed that. Perhaps sleepwalking and kicking my neighbours door in?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Frank

Lets just pretend I made a joke that involved hammering at your neighbour's back door, doing your back in, being 'burgled', and getting a virus, Emperor.

Emperor

Quote from: bikini kill on 19 June, 2012, 10:58:02 PM
Lets just pretend I made a joke that involved hammering at your neighbour's back door, doing your back in, being 'burgled', and getting a virus, Emperor.

Perhaps I should have started a new thread"Life is riddled with a procession of minor innuendos." I suspect if I examined my life it'd probably boil down to that.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor