Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Tordelback, if you get a new disc it will restore where you had played to. Of course that means spending out on one. PS if it is scratched that generalyl means it was knocked over whilst it was turned on.

Alternatively no harm done trying one of these methods http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/repair-scratched-cd.htm . I have actually had success with toothpaste way back in the day. There are also commercial products that work, once helped me fix a borrowed DVD when I first got my PS1 and felt like I'd ruined the entire world by scratching my uncle's Die Hard Trilogy.

My impediments today include an old cantankerous bastard who swore at me for being on a bike (so I nobly told him to shuffle off and die, not too proud of that), my headphones getting caught on a handle at work and breaking just 2 weeks after their purchase, and my wife's constant agony over dental problems and the way this ruins every single thing we do together and always seems to be caused by the work the dentists actually do.

TordelBack

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 10 February, 2014, 11:17:48 AM
Tordelback, if you get a new disc it will restore where you had played to. Of course that means spending out on one. PS if it is scratched that generalyl means it was knocked over whilst it was turned on.

That's Darren you'd be wanting, but good advice all the same!

Theblazeuk

Darren Stephens

Thanks Theblazeuk. I've already ordered a new copy of the game. Only 15 quid, so not too bothered. Also, turns out you're right. She was playing a Zoo keeper game or something. ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Frank

Quote from: Charlie boy on 10 February, 2014, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 February, 2014, 12:19:33 PM
Been playing Flappy Bird and I swear to god I want to kill someone.

It's on BBC red button/teletext today that the bloke who made this has removed it for sale because he doesn't want the fame or something (but he hasn't ruled out a sequel).

... and gets the stupid game its first mention on mainstream media as a result. See also Shia LeBeouf's staged walk out at the Berlin film festival yesterday.

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 10 February, 2014, 05:20:50 PM

It's on BBC red button/teletext today that the bloke who made this has removed it for sale because he doesn't want the fame or something (but he hasn't ruled out a sequel).

... and gets the stupid game its first mention on mainstream media as a result. See also Shia LeBeouf's staged walk out at the Berlin film festival yesterday.

Exactly. See also Michael Bay's refusal to be interviewed without a prompt screen.

Ah well, Flappy Bird is very addictive anyway...

ZenArcade

That LeBeouf's one arrant, annoying little prick. LeBeouf; LeBite more like.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Tombo

Quote from: ZenArcade on 10 February, 2014, 05:31:53 PM
That LeBeouf's one arrant, annoying little prick. LeBeouf; LeBite more like.

Fun fact! - If you do a Google image search for Arseface (relevant what with the new Preacher series coming up), Mr la Boo Hoo hoof's face shows up several times on the first couple of pages!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Ancient Otter

He's received a lot of plagiarism claims over the game apparently.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Not had a good day today on this forum, feeling mighty pissed >:( >:(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Link Prime

In work at 6.30am this morning for meeting with Nightshift.....YAAAWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

I'd been schlepping around in a blizzard for about 4 hours today, which I suppose constitutes a change from if not an improvement on rain, when my mother rang.  On reporting the weather conditions through chattering teeth, I was met with "lucky you, that sounds lovely!".   :|