Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Thanks for your understanding, Guys—you're the best :-)

To be the fair, the one on the left was only an initial mock-up (and I wasn't sure about the 'spiral') so you do expect things to change, of course. However, there's a quote I love, and whilst I wouldn't call myself an artist it goes as follows...

"If you commission an artist, you should get what the artist wants you to have, not what you think you want."

It's so great when you can do that for a client—and so frustrating when the opposite happens.

Fungus

Interesting and dispiriting game of Spot The Difference, there...
As Ming observes, that's 'peace' with added bullet exit wound. Ouch!

Dandontdare

version 1 is far better. Adding a bit more text is fine, but that new logo with the repeated words is horible

See also: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

Theblazeuk

I will probably be around Friends House in June. I'll pop my head in to say the poster's shit and suggest a simpler spiral based design would have been perfect.

sheridan

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 02 December, 2015, 01:11:55 PM
I will probably be around Friends House in June. I'll pop my head in to say the poster's shit and suggest a simpler spiral based design would have been perfect.
Try the food (not a Quaker, but I have been to the place for lunch before).

staticgirl

It does have a decent cafe and a nice little garden for breathing in some of the most polluted air in London (also not a Quaker.) The second symbol looks like a virus.

SuperSurfer

Just finished a work project for which I literally did a 27 hour shift. No exaggeration, I literally sat at the desk for that long with the longest break being a 20 minute kip and another break to make a meal (bowl of Weetabix). Had a 10 hour sleep last night but didn't recharge the batteries enough.

And that is why I didn't even bother signing up for the advent calendar. 

Devons Daddy

they sent me an email CUFFLINKS you can buy now,

the INCREDIBLE GUYS at PLANET REPLICAS,
due to time differences when i got to the site SOLD OUT!!!!!!

:'(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

sheridan

Quote from: staticgirl on 08 December, 2015, 10:27:48 AM
It does have a decent cafe and a nice little garden for breathing in some of the most polluted air in London (also not a Quaker.) The second symbol looks like a virus.

Also a couple of doors down, the Wellcome Trust - free entry museum/gallery.  And over the road the Euston Tap/Cider Tap in the gatehouses of the old Euston Station.

Grugz

some pillock set off an incendiary device in preston town centre where I was going to go if I couldn't get tickets to star wars. police have released cctv of a suspect in st georges (the other shopping centre) I am going to do some shopping tomorrow instead.

thinking about it the other time we had a bomb scare like this was during gulf war 1 the day I came back from an eventful (and costly-keith,bad advise,soho,basement sex show...) trip to London we had another incedary bomb on preston station.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

Quote from: sheridan on 14 December, 2015, 02:17:29 PM
Quote from: staticgirl on 08 December, 2015, 10:27:48 AM

Also a couple of doors down, the Wellcome Trust - free entry museum/gallery.  And over the road the Euston Tap/Cider Tap in the gatehouses of the old Euston Station.

The Tap will probably be my main reason for sticking around the horror of central london.

Tjm86

Quote from: ming on 02 December, 2015, 11:12:26 AM
Quote from: Banners on 02 December, 2015, 10:37:27 AM
Client input—before and after.

That's loony, that is.  The target-like 'Peaceful Schools' symbol, complete with exit-wound effect is particularly brain-grating.  The former is great and the kind of thing you'd get more work off the back of; the latter.... not so much.

Also, is it just me losing the plot or does the right hand one look a bit like a Haynes manual cover?

Modern Panther

Mrs Panther drove four hours to pick up a new puppy today.

We were assured that this was the last of the litter.  We were told that both parents were former therapy dogs, used to working with kids and in excellent health, and that the whole family loved being around humans.

Got there to find it was a puppy farm, with scared dogs living in joyless kennels.  People are bastards.

Dandontdare

Sounds like they may be overdue a RSPCA inspection. Call Judge Pal!