Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Blakee pentax!!! Me rikey velly much!!! Ha haaa! They don't half talk funny don't they?

It's just a bit of fun...
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

M.I.K.

Was the inclusion of Walter the Wobot really necessary in that story I read at some point? He doesn't fit with the more realistic tone Dredd has taken in recent years. I also think the inclusion of The Dark Judges trivialise the events depicted and should be dispatched with permanently.

Also... aliens, Boing TM, simps, people with impossible mutations, silly block names that relate to the events of the story, fatties, odd crazes, Psi judges and anything else that's too interesting or shows too much imagination. Get rid of it. It just makes the comic I've been reading since I was 10 look childish.

I'm a grown up now. I want my comics to contain nothing but socio-political commentary in a bland urban setting. We need to ensure the big boys don't make fun of me the public at large take the themes raised seriously.

Proudhuff

I need some medical/techie/romance/legal help can you guys sort it out for me?
DDT did a job on me

Trout

I will espouse an extremely unlikely political opinion, based entirely on some paranoid shite I read on the internet, and I am convinced that it will make me interesting.

exilewood

You won't be that flippant when you stand before GOD awaiting his judgement!

Spikes

No, McMahon is  the definative Dredd artist.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Frank

I've been reading 2000ad since day one and have every single issue. I've even got that first Judge Dredd Mega Special (with the Brian Bolland broken glass cover and rubbish, disintegrating paper) that you saw in the newsagents, but didn't have the cash for at the time; and then, when you got paid for your paper round, you discovered that the last copy had gone; and you always looked for it among back issues, but it never turned up; and it's not even on ebay, and most of the stories will probably turn up in The Restricted Files, but I bet one won't- and that'll always  fucking rankle, won't it(?)- almost as much as the fact that Paul Chalmers had a copy and he'd let you read it back and forward and he was an alright guy, but you know he loved the fact he had it and you didn't- even more than the fact that he was reading the comic before you and convinced you to switch from The Beano, so he always had a slightly condescending attitude about your opinions on stories- because he was there first- as if that makes any difference; but the most important fact is that you'll never actually own the original, and I do!. I don't even read the fucking thing, it's mylar-bagged and stored in my loft conversion.

vzzbux

This has to be the new golden age of 2000ad. But still not as good as the original golden age.... waffle waffle whinge moan back in our day etc....

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

They should just transplant Dredd's brain into Rico's body, or make him Chief Judge.  I mean who wants to see some old guy staggering about croaking 'Hi-Ex'.  I mean what is he now, 80?

Roger Godpleton

I ran a company where I dug stuff up for money but then I dug all the stuff up and there wasn't stuff to dig up anymore and I had to do another thing now :(
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Frank

When's Dan Dare coming back?

Dudley