Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Alienist vs. Ace Trucking Co. Rd 3 Heat 26

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 May, 2022, 07:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

the alienist ...

belardinelli almost sways my vote. almost.

sintec

When I subscribed to the Ultimate Collection Ace Trucking Co was one of the thrills I expected to hate. It just sounded a bit naff and like it probably wouldn't have aged well. One of those times I was very happy to be proved wrong. Much as I enjoyed Alienist when I read it in the Meg floppy it's just not in the same league Ace Trucking Co

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 31 May, 2022, 07:56:00 AM
When I subscribed to the Ultimate Collection Ace Trucking Co was one of the thrills I expected to hate. It just sounded a bit naff and like it probably wouldn't have aged well. One of those times I was very happy to be proved wrong. Much as I enjoyed Alienist when I read it in the Meg floppy it's just not in the same league Ace Trucking Co

I was going to write much the same. It isn't just nostalgia - Ace Trucking is a great thrill. Bags more heart and soul than The Alienist.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Ace Trucking has some of the usual problems of the day, notably with notable moments of sexism and certain character portrayal issues. But on a recent UC re-read, I was surprised that I still enjoyed the strip and its issues are far less frequent and noticeable than Robo-Hunter's. I liked it a lot more than I thought I was going to, and the art is of course superb. So it wins it for me here over another strip I enjoyed but that didn't grab me to the same degree.

Colin YNWA

Ace is winning out here but far from straight forward and Alienst is getting a lot of support. Doubt the lead will change over this last day but the scale of victory might?

CalHab

Ace Trucking Co.. The prog doesn't do enough comedy, in my opinion, and, when Ace worked, it was very funny.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Interestingly this is a very similar result to the other tie today. Now if you go with the assumption that Helium is tougher opposition* than Alienist, Ace trucking is on a warning as to how far it can go in the tourney.... or am I being unfair on both thrills here? Comments suggest not but we will see and will start doing so when

Ace Trucking

shouts 'Ten ten let's go again' in Round 4

*How could we know? Maybe a tourney of some sort.... hmmmm....