Main Menu

What's up guys?

Started by RebekkaWillinger, 12 January, 2010, 06:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

That's wierd. Why would anyone go to the bother of....

Oh well!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Richmond Clements

Seriously chaps- what the fuck's going on here?
Has everyone suddenly got paranoid?

Wake

Rebekka's Israel IP address has now been banned, since it was also being used by several other people who hadn't posted but also had ICQ numbers and one who had also posted a generic hello.

Richmond Clements

Well I never! Paranoia wins again!

Proudhuff

What's to gain ? By the spammer I mean
DDT did a job on me

Wake

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 January, 2010, 04:41:09 PM
What's to gain ? By the spammer I mean

I think it must be something to do with ICQ. Perhaps the spammer hopes that a friendly initial post might attract an ICQ response (which could lead who knows where). My advice is that it someone posts a generic hello which doesn't actually mention comics you shouldn't go overboard on the welcomes until they've posted a second time.

Cheers,

Wake

radiator

If someone posts such a generic greeting, neglects to give any real information about themselves and makes no mention of comics, 2000ad or anything like that it's fair to say they're probably suspect - especially if they use that 'hope I put this in the right forum' tell that seems to keep cropping up.

The fact that they use a female name is a probably a cynical attempt to attract more attention.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 12 January, 2010, 05:02:46 PM

The fact that they use a female name is a probably a cynical attempt to attract more attention.

You're all just jealous! She's mine! Mine, I tell you!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Spammers all seem to use ICQ.To me its a bit of a giveaway.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

She's out of your league, guys.

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

wrly_bird

Quote from: Wake on 12 January, 2010, 04:37:12 PM
Rebekka's Israel IP address has now been banned, since it was also being used by several other people who hadn't posted but also had ICQ numbers and one who had also posted a generic hello.
Well that sucks! I will never trust another human being as long as I live. :(

Lady Festina

Thought we'd managed to hook another girl, but it turns out she was just virtual. Tho' I guess you guys are used to that ;-)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Lady Festina on 13 January, 2010, 08:23:43 PM
Thought we'd managed to hook another girl, but it turns out she was just virtual. Tho' I guess you guys are used to that ;-)

Your my wife now!

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.