Main Menu

Cheap Thrills

Started by James Stacey, 06 November, 2013, 03:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Just had todays thrill mail through and there is another graphic novel sale going on.
Halo Jones for £3. I'll have a bit of that.

http://shop.2000adonline.com/cheap_thrills

amines2058

Skizz for 99p! Have not read that in ages so may take a look.

CrazyFoxMachine

Skizz for 99p is bloody great - as well as cheap-ass Necronauts and some vastly underrated Frazer Irving stuff.

This is a sale worth investigating!!

radiator

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck (something makes me thing I should have said something slightly different there...) they must need to clear out some warehouse space there's some right bargains there. Not normally a trade buyer but at those prices...

dweezil2

There are some amazing bargains there!  :o

Cheers green bonce!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Recrewt

Great stuff indeed, have picked up a couple of items.

I know about the main stuff like Slaine but are there any hidden gems in there e.g. the likes of Wardog, Carver Hale and Bison? 

radiator

Quote from: Recrewt on 06 November, 2013, 04:23:27 PM
Great stuff indeed, have picked up a couple of items.

I know about the main stuff like Slaine but are there any hidden gems in there e.g. the likes of Wardog, Carver Hale and Bison?

My picks would be Skizz, Halo Jones, Storming Heaven, Banzai Batallion and DR & Quinch.

Dodsy

Has DR and Quinch sold out?  :(
Twitter - @dodsy84

Hawkmumbler

Zombo was listed a moment ago. Now it's gone.  :(

Regardless, got Lobster Random, Storming Heaven and Halo Jones. I'll give Banzai Battalion and Skizz a miss as the former is getting an updated reprint soon and the latter I suspect will be also...

Davek

Halo Jones and Necronauts for me.  Have never read the former and was put off by some bad press about re-print quality on this edition but for £3 cant go wrong! I have wanted Necronauts for a while and delayed when the last sale was on so was straight in there this time  :lol:

Daveycandlish

Got most of the ones I want already but still managed to bag a bargain Durham Red or two!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Eamonn Clarke

Both Defoes, Lobster Random & Skizz here. I think some of the cheaper ones are going/gone already.

Mardroid

I got Necronauts, Durham Red: The Scarlet Cantos*, and Lobster Random: No Pain, No Gain. Is that the first by the way?

Family caught my eye too. It looks my cup of tea but I was a bit uncertain about getting it as I'd never heard anything about it before...

Would any of you recommend it?

*The only Red stuff I've, er, read has been in the Strontium Dog time period.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 06 November, 2013, 10:57:21 PM
I got Necronauts, Durham Red: The Scarlet Cantos*, and Lobster Random: No Pain, No Gain. Is that the first by the way?

Yes.

Quote from: Mardroid on 06 November, 2013, 10:57:21 PM
Family caught my eye too. It looks my cup of tea but I was a bit uncertain about getting it as I'd never heard anything about it before...

Would any of you recommend it?

I would, myself, though it's certainly one of those 'series that time forgot.' Some of Si Fraser's best-ever art if you ask me and the story's a good one too. The one justifiable complaint at the time made by most people was that it was hard to tell a lot of the characters apart (being gangsters, they're all wearing indentikit fedoras and trenchcoats), but reading it altogether in a collection would probably remedy that.
@jamesfeistdraws