Main Menu

Evolution Of A Cover (Partick Goddard)

Started by Bad City Blue, 09 December, 2021, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

We asked Paddy Goddard to do a cover for the next issue of Sentinel, coming early 2022. It's called Dark Matter and is an action packed story about a unique team of mercenaries.

He doesn't do colour, so we will be doing that digitally, but I though you might be interested in tghe oprocess.

First, we got to choose one of these.

Then he did an A4 sketch

Then the final cover on A3 card though the image itself is almost square due to the format

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Colin YNWA

Firstly wow! That is fantastic. Patrick Goddard is such an underated talent.

Secondly that is a great insight and thanks for sharing. I keep getting tempted by the 2000ad Covers Uncovered Annual that's being advertised, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Seeing things like this make me really question why that is.

Bad City Blue

Here's the standard cover by interior artist Ian Beadle. Paddy was given completed pages to base the character likenesses on and did an amazing job. He is a superb artist, and a lovely guy as well.

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!