Main Menu

PS2 games- too clever for their own good.

Started by UZI 4U, 09 December, 2004, 04:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty--

resi outbreak was originally intended as an online game. the reason for the menu which could not pause the game was because there should have been other players playing the game at the same time.

Bico

Mr D

the reason for the menu which could not pause the game was because there should have been other players playing the game at the same time.

So when someone in the office first realised 'Shit! This WON'T be online!' why didn't they set about altering all the now moot and annoying features that only serve to hinder gameplay??

Logic breakdown...!!

Pyroxian

It was online in Japan and possibly the US, so they probably didn't bother doing a lot of work for the European port...

Besides, what are you doing playing Resi games on a PS2 - go and buy a Game Cube! (They're only about 2p now)

Steve

Mr D

Bico

Metroid Prime 2!  Pikmin 2!  Symphonia!

Give me a moment to wipe me mouth, will you..?

MUD

Have you ever gone back to old games, If your like me you will see whats too clever, I got the xbox street fighter and I get slaughtered constantly even on easy when back in the day I was the man.

Max Kon

I think Snipes is a really good actor.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359013/" target="_blank">the imdb page

Max Kon

Jared Katooie

I urge all confused eldsters who liek FPS's to pick up a copy of Metroid Prime. Very simple control system and a good game to boot.

Revelation 6:8

>However good Rogue Trooper is, I won't be able to play it

Maybe they'll be an option to play the game as Helm, so you just sit there and do bugger all whilst everyone else does all the work 8-)

Bico

Bico

Speaking of Gamecubes, I just got one for thirty quid, with free Pokemon game, from Tesco's online store, thanks to a mis-pricing on their website.
Pokemon is rubbish - but a buckshee 'cube is not to be sniffed at.

Pyroxian

>Have you ever gone back to old games,

Yeah, bought the Intellivision compilation for the PS2 - man those games were over-complicated. 12 buttons on the controller in those days?!!

>Steve, hooray and thank Grud for that!

Well, TBH we're doing the Taito's arcade classics compilation, so most games don't use more than 3 buttons + the analogue controller anyway ;)

Steve

Banners

Metroid Prime 2!

Unless you're like me and 'only' have a 50Hz TV, it won't run. And it's only the hope that the next Zelda (Christmas 2005?) won't be 60Hz-only as well which stops me flogging the Gamecube as a paperweight.

I don't mind costs of computer games - you can find plenty of places online to get them legit for a tenner less than retail. Not into piracy, but not getting into that debate again (see posts passim).

Anyway, wait a few months and the prices all come down. Bought the year-old 'Beyond Good and Evil' yesterday for a fiver at retail, and have enjoyed what I've seen so far this weekend. There's always eBay too - both in terms of buying and selling. Some games I've actually finished, sold and made a profit on.

As for development cycles, HL2 took 6 years apparently, and I was very disappointed to finish it on Hard in just over a week (it would have been less, but the copy-protection thingy 'Source' kept updating things on its own whenever I wanted to play, so it like took an hour to load). That's not increased costs and increasingly-demanding consumers to blame, that's just sloppy game design.

And now you can't sell HL2 on eBay - which is something I do object to. I mean Source and the whole philosophy behind it, of assuming your customers are crooks. Now it's uninstalled and just sat on a shelf - it's mine but I can't do anything with it.

Not unless someone wants a drinks coaster to go with that paperweight...?

M@