Main Menu

we use everything but the soul!

Started by mogzilla, 08 January, 2008, 08:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

dont know if any one else oop t'north saw this but a church in tameside wants to use the heat fromthe crematorium to heat the church. more signs of Dredd's world coming true? souviner(sic) ashtrays available in the giftshop...

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

We use the souls while they are still alive  !!
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mogzilla

i was going to suggest a cobblers in the church called "save our soles" but decided not...to....bothe....crap!

TordelBack

dont know if any one else oop t'north saw this but a church in tameside wants to use the heat fromthe crematorium to heat the church.

My better half used to work in a poorly heated Death Records office attached to a major urban crematorium, and when it was cold they regularly used to head down to the furnace room to keep warm.  She points out (correctly) that human bodies are bloody hard to burn, and huge amounts of heat have to added to the process, not least through the coffin wood.  Even then the bones have to be powdered mechanically afterwards.  So most of the 'heat' isn't being produced by the burning body at all, but by the gas furnace and coffin wood.  Seems a shame to waste it.

Bad Andy

We put my Grandad to rest in Duki Crem not so long ago.

Robin Monk, the environment chief of Tameside Council, said: "I'm not sure how people will react, but we don't want to upset anyone. We will carry out full consultation with priests, vicars and the public before a decision is taken."

Too fucking late, Robin, you twat.

Hoagy

Environmentally, I think its every person's duty.

As long as its not pumped through fan assisted vent systems.

bloik!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Max Kon

Sounds good to me.
I wouldn't want to be cremated, knowing how it's done just doesn't sound good.

TordelBack

I wouldn't want to be cremated, knowing how it's done just doesn't sound good.

I dig up bodies for a living, both inhumed and cremated, and I'm insisting on being cremated, no question (although not quite yet, please).  I've never been to an archaeological colleague's funeral where they weren't cremated, even older quite strict Catholics for whom cremation is a bit of a novelty.  Trust me on this, it's clean and it's final.

By the way, most chapels are not directly connected to the crematorium furnace, and when the coffin goes through the curtains, there's usually a short journey to the actual furnace (even by van, in places), and resultant delay.  it's very unlikely that mourners are ever going to be in the building long enough to be warmed by heat from the cremation of their own loved ones.

Buttonman

Burning for me, the thought of rotting in a box doesn't appeal. I was also at a burial when the coffin was lowered and one of the rope men let too much out causing an imbalance which cause an audible rumble which sounded like the body moving. Big cry out from the deceased's mother and even more heartache. Burn em all!

As for digging people up I'm with the man on the train in the Tintin book 'The Seven Crystal Balls' who asks what we'd think if a load of Aztecs came over and started digging up our kings. Who makes the distinction between grave robbers and archaeology? Do it in ten years - the jail, wait 500 years fat research grant.

johnnystress

Doesn't poop give off heat too? How about we heat Churches using our bodily wastes while we're at it-just redirect some sewage pipes and there you go?

Max Kon

I'd rather have my skin bubble and blister with noxious gasses; than be burnt, then have my bones put in a device similar to a tumble dryer to be ground to dust by metal balls. Though with modern coffins if they are sealed properly the rate of decay is slowed significantly, it's the ground water that causes bloating.

Only put your mouse over that if you want to know a few deatails of what happens to your body after you die or during cremation.

Max Kon

Opps, i put spoiler tags in. i thought it was just <spoiler> at the start, what did i do wrong?

Max Kon

Funt Solo

Combine the two, and put poop in the coffins!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++