Main Menu

Prog 2332: The Untouchable

Started by IndigoPrime, 15 May, 2023, 11:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Good to see The Kindred back. As encouraged by Tharg, I reread the previous story first. The best thing about it was Mark Sexton's art. It's a real shame we don't get more of his work in the Prog.

As for this week's episode, as fine an artist as Paul Marshall is, all I could think looking at it, was "Skip Tracer".

Which isn't his fault, but was unfortunate nonetheless.

Richard

Especially when it has a character called B. Nolan.

Blue Cactus

There was a Paul Marshall cityscape in this prog that I loved as it felt like the classic MegaCity 1 of weird shaped buildings looming over everyone. I'm all for different artistic interpretations in Dredd but sometimes the more conventional tower blocks we see lack the magic of the bizarre (often logic-defying) looking buildings from the 70s and 80s strip.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: broodblik on 18 May, 2023, 06:42:52 PMI get what you sating about The Out and I think the "problem" is that the story has complete moved away from its original premises. It feels like the story lost its innocence with a much darker theme driving the core of the story now. I still love it but would like creative team going back to its origins with the next book.

It's probably a bit of a cliche by now to compare The Out to Halo Jones.  But here goes.  Halo Book 1 was about a teenager going shopping, and Book 2 was about a waitress on a fancy spaceship.

You see where I'm going, of course: arguably the Book showed Halo as a washed-up alcoholic who became a killer, as all her friends died along with her innocence. 

Anyway, good prog.  Rogue is probably the pick of the bunch for me; I really hope Garth finds time to write more Rogue stories in future.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

scrotnig

Can I just add a word of praise for "Next Slice Please" in The Out?

Made me laugh far more than it should have done.