Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

QuoteI do wonder though if the chief will wear the full judge's uniform - would seem slightly ridiculous for what is essentially an administrator to be decked out in full riot-style body armour. Fine in the comics, a bit silly on screen.
I absolutly love the new street judge uniforms for the new movie but wouldn't it be cool if they also had some kind of blingy parade/dress uniform (and the Chief Judge wears it all the time as she doesn't have to get out on the streets) a little bit more akin to the Big Shoulder pads in the comic now?  Then the people complaining about the plainer riot gear look of the street uniform can be satisfied with a more stylised Dress uniform.  (this point may have been made somewhere on this thread sorry if I missed it).
We'll get a trailer when they're good and ready, prbly couple of months before release like most modest budgeted movies it really is only the blockbusters that get maketed so far before release.

CU Radbacker

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 March, 2012, 09:54:28 PM
Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:46:51 PM
Missed you previous post RC.As for the rest ,I actually work in marketing .........

Cue wait for something official to happen.

I then refer you to m'learned friend Mr Bill Hicks.

Very good -not seen that before  :D

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

James Stacey

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:14:03 PM
#Radiator-Stop labouring on cost.One man and his computer trained dog can set up and run a website for next to nowt
Spoken like someone who has no idea.

Glenn Broadway

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2012, 09:46:24 PM
I do wonder though if the chief will wear the full judge's uniform - would seem slightly ridiculous for what is essentially an administrator to be decked out in full riot-style body armour. Fine in the comics, a bit silly on screen.

I wondered if we might see a uniform more true to the comics (with bigger eagle, chain etc.) make an appearance as a dress uniform. I'm pretty sure most services (from police and fire up to the military) use this system.

Glenn Broadway

Ah, I see Radbacker made exactly the same point I did...

JOE SOAP

She has a simpler uniform with small epaulets.

Spaceghost

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 March, 2012, 11:18:27 AM

Have you seen a pic?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

DKCX

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 March, 2012, 11:18:27 AM
Embarassed to say that I had to look up what an epaulet was in the first place.  :-[
Once there is no ceremorial type cape on her uniform, always thought they were cheesey in some artist depictions of any of the Chief Judges along with the Judges in high heels.  :-\

Danbo

Oh I dunno,there is something about a Judge in high heels  :o
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Goaty

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 02 March, 2012, 02:30:57 PM

No, cant see it...

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: James Stacey on 02 March, 2012, 10:01:04 AM
Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 March, 2012, 09:14:03 PM
#Radiator-Stop labouring on cost.One man and his computer trained dog can set up and run a website for next to nowt
Spoken like someone who has no idea.

Oh please ,   ::)

CraveNoir

Quote from: Lee Bates on 02 March, 2012, 11:40:29 AM
Have you seen a pic?

She mentioned a choice between big and small epaulettes in a radio interview a year ago. And confirned she was playing the Chief Judge.

http://www.dtrn.co.uk/episode/finale-nana-visitor-ds9

She's on at the 43min40sec mark according to my notes.

Danbo

Quote from: Goaty on 02 March, 2012, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 02 March, 2012, 02:30:57 PM

No, cant see it...

:o
She out of that  exotic film,Justice Fingers?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Speaking of trailers, has any one noticed that for all the big blockbusters this year they seem very similar. It's hard to describe in text but if you watch the prometheus trailer and the avengers trailer it's like..

"durn" flash of image "durn" flash of image etc.

I would like the dredd trailer to have a cheesy 70s voice over like the magnum force trailer. But that's just me I think.