Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diminished Responsibility

Quoteanyone should understand the over hype problem after the recent Prometheus fiasco

I watched a trailer for it and was damn sure i'd seen the movies entire plot, it left little to the imagination.

I have no quibbles with the quality of this film now, none at all. After all District 9 only cost 30 mil and took everyone by surprise, I think DREDD will look far better.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

shaolin_monkey

Hey, another new pic from the film!

Just kidding, obviously.  That's me back in 1995.  Oh, the humanity. 

JOE SOAP

Looks like a shot of 1/2 of the Village People.

shaolin_monkey

Indeed!   :lol:  The fashion disasters of yesteryear, eh?

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 June, 2012, 03:54:01 AM

Cool, what were you doing on that film, monkey dude (any gossip or titbits from the set?) and is that Sly beside you?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 09 June, 2012, 04:02:22 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 June, 2012, 03:54:01 AM

Cool, what were you doing on that film, monkey dude (any gossip or titbits from the set?) and is that Sly beside you?

Nothing so exciting I'm afraid mate!  That pic was taken on the mean pedways of Cardiff City Centre.  It was some promotional thing they were doing when the 1995 film came out.  No-one famous was dressed as Dredd unfortunately. 

I thought it was the most exciting thing ever though, and ran to Boots to get a disposable camera so I could immortalise my moment with my comicbook (anti)hero.  That photo has been kicking around my house for ages - forgot about it until recently!

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 June, 2012, 04:16:28 AM
Nothing so exciting I'm afraid mate!  That pic was taken on the mean pedways of Cardiff City Centre.  It was some promotional thing they were doing when the 1995 film came out.  No-one famous was dressed as Dredd unfortunately.  I thought it was the most exciting thing ever though

...and then you saw the actual film :'(...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 09 June, 2012, 04:20:32 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 June, 2012, 04:16:28 AM
Nothing so exciting I'm afraid mate!  That pic was taken on the mean pedways of Cardiff City Centre.  It was some promotional thing they were doing when the 1995 film came out.  No-one famous was dressed as Dredd unfortunately.  I thought it was the most exciting thing ever though

...and then you saw the actual film :'(...

Yeah, but even the film can't take away that awesome moment I had with Dredd!   :D

Emperor

Quote from: M.I.K. on 09 June, 2012, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 08 June, 2012, 11:49:07 PM
Great poster. Very atmospheric. Makes Dredd look.... well a bit like a hollow suit really. An extension of the fact half his face is normally hidden, and it works very well.

...and nowhere on that poster is there even any indication of who's playing the role. Bit unusual.

It's a teaser poster so the information on it has been kept to a minimum which also suits the image, all the relevant information will be on the main posters. I'm sure he could have kicked off and git his people to jam his name on there somewhere but as has been said:

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 09 June, 2012, 01:08:36 AM
All credit to Karl Urban for a) wanting to do the film b) actually having read Dredd c) keeping the helmet on and d) for not being a primadonna.

He has been a good sport throughout in what is a tricky gig, what with the whole keeping the helmet on business. Especially as he is a good-looking chap who is a hit with the ladies (and some fellas too), whereas Stallone looks like mince shoved into the leg of a pair of tights and it would have been a mercy if he'd kept his helmet on ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emperor on 09 June, 2012, 04:35:01 AM
Stallone looks like mince shoved into the leg of a pair of tights and it would have been a mercy if he'd kept his helmet on ;)

How's that life-size meat-puppet of Stallone comin' along?

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 08 June, 2012, 11:42:37 PM
Quote from: Misanthrope on 08 June, 2012, 11:32:24 PM
Well that pissed on everybody's chips.

I kinda like soggy chips but not pissed on ones :|
Just close your eyes and imagine its vinegar.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

Quote from: BOODA on 09 June, 2012, 06:34:28 AM
Just close your eyes and imagine its vinegar.

For Logan's wee that shouldn't be far from the truth.

Danbo

:o  :|

:|

:|

I'll come back when there's more piccys,back to your piss folks...
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

W. R. Logan

Quotethe same reason that one of the oldest posters, who's apparently a really big fan of Dredd and 2000ad, is such a negative and miserable sod - sometimes people will post anything to get a reaction.

Apparantly?
Ok, just to clarify my point 250+ pages, nearly 3,800 posts mostly inane drivel and whinging intersperced with the odd good comment and decent pics.

I dont post stuff to get a reaction if I wanted to do that I'd join the list of people who just scatter gun shite throughout the board.

Goaty

Now Empire post the new poster too, the big news now spread! :-)