Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Does anyone know why JoBlo got the scoop on the new images?...I hadn't heard of the site before, guess I should get out more.

Those images alone are better than the whole '95 film.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

dracula1

It's sit back, feet up and enjoy the DREDD related film goodies up until September  :lol: Teaser trailer still to co
me too!

Danbo

Just sent Hot toys a begging message asking them to make a Dredd figure....they are doing Batman + Batpod,not to far a stretch for them to do a lawmaster too.
You don't ask you don't get.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Frank

Woke up this morning and my subconscious had managed to work out what that fantastic empty suit and shadow poster reminded me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egl0KRh8jcE

Which, as cultural associations go, is cool on so many different levels.

NSFTM

the teaser poster has caused me to Zarjasm

looks class, stoked for the film.. 7th of September is booked off work, can't wait

It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 09 June, 2012, 08:34:40 AM
Quotethe same reason that one of the oldest posters, who's apparently a really big fan of Dredd and 2000ad, is such a negative and miserable sod - sometimes people will post anything to get a reaction.

Apparantly?
Ok, just to clarify my point 250+ pages, nearly 3,800 posts mostly inane drivel and whinging intersperced with the odd good comment and decent pics.

I dont post stuff to get a reaction if I wanted to do that I'd join the list of people who just scatter gun shite throughout the board.

Unfair comment. The fact that almost 4,000 posts have been made before the trailer, let alone the film is released shows the level of anticipation (which if you are a Dredd fan can't be a bad thing at all).A  level of spitballing and chewing the cud is natural when there has ,up to recently ,been so little material out there, with little context (especially for those who haven't read the script).

However, what you should appreciate is the sheer doggedness ,ingenuity and  determination of certain posters who have tried to fill the vaccuum by  scouring the net to bring as much news,material  and analysis to this forum as possible.Watching these trackers at work ,pulling material almost out of a hat ,has been ,well fun and at times, very impressive.

Now go kick your cat you'll feel better -the in depth insight will only come after the film is released

Roger Godpleton

Logan is right and you are all boring people who should find a wider array of hobbies.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Instead of all trying to be mods.

dracula1

Meeting adjourned! .... And back to scouring the interweb for trivia.  :-X

Frank

A phatic thread-about-a-thread. Very Post Modern, detached and ironic, chaps.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 09 June, 2012, 11:03:53 AM
Logan is right and you are all boring people who should find a wider array of hobbies.

Sounds like someone needs a hug

Neil McClements

The new photos look spot on and it's great the film seems to employ a lot of homage to its roots but including all those 2000ad references throughout the images and is that Thargs nerve centre, kings reach tower just to the right of centre? Looks similar.

W. R. Logan

QuoteUnfair comment. The fact that almost 4,000 posts have been made before the trailer, let alone the film is released shows the level of anticipation (which if you are a Dredd fan can't be a bad thing at all).A  level of spitballing and chewing the cud is natural when there has ,up to recently ,been so little material out there, with little context (especially for those who haven't read the script).

Ok, 4000 posts, how many of those have actually said something?
At times when there is nothing to say then say nothing.
Whilst I try to refrain from personal comments even at during my most grumpy times it seems that you as well as others don't have that restraint.

The Sherman Kid

It was a little humour at the end Logan ,nothing personal -chill.As for saying nothing when there is nothing to say, you know that tumbleweed................ doesn't exist on forums.Nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

Spaceghost

On the poster it says 'In 3D and Real D 3D'. Any of you film bods feel like explaining the difference?

Apologies to Logan if this question does not meet his exacting criteria for an interesting post.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...