Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Anywho.. Back to that advanced screening.. You lucky, lucky bastard!
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Danbo

Yeah,I'm last to the party as usual.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

klute

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 17 June, 2012, 06:55:06 PM
No. Let's talk about the licenced game instead.

I alway's say the same thing but i'd love a mmorpg where you can pick to be a judge/perp and leveling involves either working your way towards being a judge via training and missions or as a perp leveling via crime and general naughtyness.

Urban warfare pvp would be arsom done right maybe not for everyone but i'd love a game like that.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Michaelvk

I'd hate to have the movie tarnished by a movie tie-in game.. They're always crap..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

klute

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 June, 2012, 07:06:24 PM
I'd hate to have the movie tarnished by a movie tie-in game.. They're always crap..

I'd say the same BUT with the mmorpg you have so much back story and characters you could use from the dreddverse.
With so many event's you could use to patch into the game after release

Michaelvk

I suppose.. However I'd rather take it the route of the comics instead of the movie.. Maybe have comic-ized versions of movie characters in it.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 June, 2012, 07:06:24 PM

Hmm, I think that's partly, but not totally true.

Wolverine on the 360 was quite good.  Aliens on the PsOne was excellent. Aliens vs Predator 2 on the PC was brilliant.  Star Wars: XWing, Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron and Jedi Knight 2 were all top notch. 

I'm sure I could think of more if I could be bothered.

Michaelvk

I'll give you that.. However those were mostly games that weren't released to coincide with the release of the film. AvP 2 is awesome. I still to this day have to finish it in the marine mode, and I've (mis)spent many a day indoors playing x-wing that I really should've used sharpening my chat-up lines..

MR. ELIMINATOR

Also seeing as Rebellion are actually game developers as well they might put a bit more care into it. I think a first person dredd would be fantastic.

klute

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 June, 2012, 07:17:01 PM
I suppose.. However I'd rather take it the route of the comics instead of the movie.. Maybe have comic-ized versions of movie characters in it.

In fairness i would aim the mmo towards the comics as oppose to the film atleast that what i have thought many times over the years.With the film you would be limited to fewer characters.

With the comic version mmo you have your pick of a BIG back catalogue.

I suspect the flaw in my plan to play such a game is that iwould such a game get a budget big enough to get it off the ground and make it work and be a continued success, even if budget wasn;t an option are there enough people out there who would be willing to buy into a game knowing nothing about it?

I'd love to see warcraft type numbers for the mmo...................................i can dream!

Frank

Quote from: Waltev on 17 June, 2012, 06:36:39 PM
Quote from: bikini kill on 17 June, 2012, 12:18:01 PM
Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 17 June, 2012, 11:48:42 AM
Well one other person has declared on Facebook that he has tickets, and judging by the Sabbath references I'd guess the guy is Blackmocco. So which one of us is really 'The Thing'? I want a sample from all of you!

That's exactly what he'd say ... This is the kind of moronic questionnaire Blackmocco will be asked to fill out before leaving the theatre. CLICK

That questionnaire is just fucking STUPID.

I've been a movie enthusiast for all of my life, I certainly know what I like and dislike - but as many of my fellow citizens, I didn't study literary drama in the university, so I have no drokking idea whatsoever how to even differentiate between first / second / third act...

The rest of the questionnaire is just as bonkers. Without a frame of reference (rightly pointed out by B. Kill) or any knowledge of your study group (except that he/she is Joe/Jane Doe), collecting answers like that is just going to give you a data set that'll lead to unpredictable knee-jerk reactions, if even that ...

Which is why we have to properly instruct our own Blackmocco and facebook's enigmatic Mark 'five tickets' Young on how to complete their consumer survey cards in the lobby of the Burbank Odeon.

I propose they and the group of friends they take along to the screening pretend to represent the complete range of stereotypes that the marketing industry expects humans to conform to: 18 year old beer-drinking housewifes, middle-aged car-owning students, latina CEO's of fortune 500 companies. They should all rate the most violent scenes as their favourite parts of the film, and the 'women' should all explicitly state that the rumoured gamahuche scene was a massive turn on.

If we can make 'Jedi' one of the best-subscribed faiths in the UK census, convincing US theatre chain owners they have an across the boards success on their hands should be a doddle. The 200-odd complacent and disinterested cow people who blow in off the street to see Dredd's first public screening will have a direct influence on how many theatres and on how many screens this film opens; Blackmocco can stack the deck in our favour by inviting a few of his nerdiest friends along for the evening.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I wish I was seeing this film on Wednesday. Or just the trailer.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 17 June, 2012, 07:27:33 PM
Also seeing as Rebellion are actually game developers as well they might put a bit more care into it. I think a first person dredd would be fantastic.

Deux Ex Machina is a First person RPG. Perhaps that's the development route Rebellion should go?

Instead of 'kill everything!' Judge Dredd style you could have a more softly approach. Well relatively speaking of course. Mega City 1 would be a good background for an RPG Shooter surely? I was always a fan of the STALKER game series and would love to play something similar involving the big, bad Meg.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Michaelvk

A more softly approach? Dredd?

Like the Deus Ex idea though..

Goaty

How about style of Batman Arkham City?