Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: dracula1 on 22 June, 2012, 05:36:02 PM
With regards to the prosthetic chin debate, . . . mould this beauty for DREDD2!  :o
I'm mixing up some plaster now! :D
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

vzzbux

I would love to know what Stallone's reaction/verdict is on the uncoming film.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: vzzbux on 22 June, 2012, 08:02:51 PM

V

Hopefully supportive, I think I read somewhere he said he regretted what a mess the film was.

PreacherCain

Now an AV Club mention :: http://www.avclub.com/articles/dredd,81709/

It makes The Raid comparison again but quantifies it by saying Dredd was done first and was just beaten to the line schedule-wise.

Looks like the trailer got a pretty good response overall and was featured on a hell of a lot of the mainstream media sites.

Syne

One of the commentators somewhere said (un-ironically, I think) that they should have cast Billy Bob Thornton for his chin. While my initial reaction was "????!!!" they actually kinda have a point: he has the strong chin and pouty lips of an early Ezquerra or McMahon Dredd.

Michaelvk

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 June, 2012, 08:09:55 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 22 June, 2012, 08:02:51 PM

V

Hopefully supportive, I think I read somewhere he said he regretted what a mess the film was.

Meh.. He made his money...
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Misanthrope

Oh...you know it dawned on me over dinner that this might be the point you were making. Nope. Didn't intend 2 trip wires by posting a shopped image, I'm new to the problems that troll twat has caused. Check the links I posted, you might know BT's wrk in animation etc.

I was only kidding.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

JOE SOAP

[spoiler]Stallone Dredd fee: $15 million.[/spoiler] I'm sure he regrets the mess he made of a great character.

Stan

As some who followed Transformers through development hell to the eventual release I learned to avoid AICN and IMDb like the plague. Unless I was trolling. Maybe I should've warned people.

Posting on IMDb is a particularly fruitless endeavour though.

Quote from: Michaelvk on 22 June, 2012, 05:17:19 PM
Just been reading through the comments on some of the links pointing towards the trailer news.. And it's incredible how much damage to the character the Stallone version has done, and how many people associate Dredd with Stallone as well as thinking it was a character created for the movie, not the other way round..

A Yank friend, and non-Dredd fan, suggested to me that the whole Stallone thing may be a two-edged sword as far as the American audience goes. I mean at least they now know who Dredd is to even make the comparison. I reckon he may be on to something.

Goaty

Karl Urban looks fab as Dredd!

I know you says many people with chins looks good as Dredd, as I did from first day with this Saul Tigh chin;

Syne

Quote from: Goaty on 23 June, 2012, 01:24:44 AM
Karl Urban looks fab as Dredd!

I know you says many people with chins looks good as Dredd, as I did from first day with this Saul Tigh chin;

Not bad. I agree though, Karl Urban looks great. The character is about more than just a big chin, or a big shoulder eagle, or a bike with massive wheels.

JOE SOAP

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Id have him play Chief Judge Griffin though he would have to don a syrup.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: bikini kill on 22 June, 2012, 05:45:41 PM
If Judge Dredd had been a creator-owned property, Wagner would have nixed that project at the first draft screenplay stage, rather than having to wait until shooting started until he had the opportunity to tell Danny Cannon he was "shooting the wrong fucking script".

Not defending the Stallone debacle, but John Wagner and Alan Grant were commissioned by Ed Pressman to write a treatment for the movie in late 1991, which they spent six weeks on, only to demand payment upfront for it, which was totally ridiculous, you did not get paid upfront for a mere story outline treatment in 1991/2 unless you're name was Shane Black, Michael Crichton, or Joe Ezsterhas, and Wagner and Grant should have been aware of that fact, and because they wouldn't back down over payment, that treatment didn't go any further in the development process, alas...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

W. R. Logan

John and Alan are writers and justifiably asked to be paid to do their job.
They stuck to their principles.