Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisticuffs

Ah man I'm sat here with a massive grin on my face, I hope against hope that this will do well, please please please!!! :D

PreacherCain

@slashfilm
DREDD is a lot of fun. A return to 80s action, The Raid meets Robocop on a mini scale. great use of high fps slow mo 3d. Gritty &

@jonniechang
enjoyed DREDD. dig the new costume. movie's kinda simple, but I think it benefits from staying focused. awesome soundtrack!

@GermainLussier
Dredd is super solid. Great music and fun action wrapped around a simple, straight narrative. Minor reservations are secondary. It's tight.

@MangoMonkeyBoy
Dredd was excellent! Gritty, violent and beautiful! #sdcc

@benpears
Apparently everyone really liked DREDD. I wasn't as impressed. It has excellent moments, but for an action movie, it was slllllooooowwww.

@cablebfg (Collider writer)
I have to say I'm surprised by the solid reactions to DREDD. The previews aren't doing it any benefits

@ajhan
#Dredd: not too dumb, not too smart, very bloody, fun.

@TheJoBloPodcast
DREDD kicks a lot of ass. Great score. Great kills. Great Lena. It didn't hurt that Karl Urban sat in my row. #overexcited

@filthysize
Karl Urban got the character right, but the movie treats Dredd's fascism as real hope. The comic's always been more satiric than that. #SDCC

@benpears
For all of DREDD's worldbuilding, it sure is small scale. Probably an effect of having a low budget. But it felt almost too contained to me.

@PeedUpProd
I don't know if DREDD is better than THE RAID: REDEMPTION but in about 2 months time we'll see if that comes true. #ComicCon

@TorturedXGenius
ok, now 3 out of 3 of my fave bloggers liked #DREDD .....

@DukeD1989
Initial reactions to Dredd seem to be positive...hell must have just gotten much colder.

@Reelnerdchick
Finally finished wih #Dredd - great movie lots of fun; met Karl Urban - what a nice guy!

PreacherCain

I hope the 2000AD droids brought some extra Case Files with them, looks like they may have a busy SDCC  :D

Bubba Zebill

Delighted!...even those tweets that are trying to be bad are good. >:D
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

radiator

YES! That is what I anted to hear! Sounds like they nailed it!

Goaty

Now the Dredd happens, all excellent for Sept!

PreacherCain

@trishaleighKC
So DREDD is hands down the most violent film I've ever seen in my life. #SDCC

:o

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: PreacherCain on 12 July, 2012, 08:38:44 AM
@trishaleighKC

Amen!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Goaty

Quote from: PreacherCain on 12 July, 2012, 08:38:44 AM
@trishaleighKC

Too much for her?

PreacherCain

I think it was meant somewhat positively! A few others have echoed the sentiment.

CYCLOPZ

We've all known that this movie was going to be Solid for a while.
Now the world knows.

Michaelvk

THis is tense.. Can't wait for our man's opinion..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

PreacherCain

CYCLOPZ

@jasonpadams  Unanimous opinion from the JoBlo.com Team: #Dredd3D kicked ass! You have no idea what's in store. Full review tomorrow. #SDCC

Goaty

Quote from: PreacherCain on 12 July, 2012, 09:00:51 AM
First reaction from Empire Magazine...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34550

Sly Stallone vehicle from 1993.? Who idiot wrote it?

And last comment in this article ruined it, and follow us on Twitter where we'll bring you regular updates from tomorrow, starting with the Breaking Dawn Pt 2 and Expendables 2 panels, to name but two.  :-[