Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Great news Blackmocco, glad you had a blast. Where you in those pictures that were tweeted, one showing the queue and one showing the audience?

Spikes

Congrats on finally getting to see it!

Really not sold on 3D, and usually avoid it like the plague, but i reckon at least one of my visits to see Dredd is gonna have to be in 3D, now.

blackmocco

A few other things:

- I think there's a good chance this'll do very well at the box office. I'm delighted to see the positive reviews on AICN and io9. This bodes very well.

- The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic.

- I'm actually of the thought the Dark Judges may well work in this after all. There's enough leeway with Anderson's abilities and how they're presented that it may not be such a leap after all to add some supernatural elements.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 July, 2012, 08:25:33 PM
Great news Blackmocco, glad you had a blast. Where you in those pictures that were tweeted, one showing the queue and one showing the audience?

Yep CF. I'm in front with the Mortis shirt. I'm very handsome.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

rog

Zowee, started reading this a few hours ago and have only just managed to catch up, extra pages kept appearing!

Nothing coherent to add but from everything I'm reading it sounds totally amazing, can't wait for September! :D

Just have to stay up now and remember to watch that stream at 11.45 (Doctor Who an hour later might be pushing it tho!)

Awesomeness! :D

rog

blackmocco, you lucky lucky b*stard lol

Glad you enjoyed it so much, your comments have got me even more stoked for this :D

COMMANDO FORCES

I tweeted that there was someone in a Mortis T-shirt, you were next to the bloke in the Heavy Metal T-shirt, can't remember the group!

Mark Taylor

TordelBack

Delighted for you Blackmocco!  And us!   :D

Martin Jameson

Really pleased the reaction has been so good, roll on Sept! All we need now is the Daily Mail to condemn it and we have a winner!

Goaty

Quote from: Light Surfer on 12 July, 2012, 08:53:49 PM
Really pleased the reaction has been so good, roll on Sept! All we need now is the Daily Mail to condemn it and we have a winner!

With Turkey, crap critic of Daily Mail who hate comic-style or violence films cos it affect the children?

Michaelvk

Awesome! That's quite a load off!
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

ming

Really glad to hear you got to see the film, blackmocco - and even happier to hear your opinion of it.  Is it September yet?

vzzbux

I have just trawled through 15 pages of pure bliss. Nothing but love for the film.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Goaty on 12 July, 2012, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: Light Surfer on 12 July, 2012, 08:53:49 PM

With Turkey, crap critic of Daily Mail who hate comic-style or violence films cos it affect the children?

Not just the children, my cat also has been so traumatised by violent films that she can no speak coherent English and has to resort to communication using dozens of different variations of the word "meow".