Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

That interview had a weird early 90s feel to it  :-\

JOE SOAP

Emp

ARRGHHH!!!...take it away,take it away!!

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: CraveNoir on 13 July, 2012, 06:46:54 PM
Urban Video Interview
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92520

So That Pete Travis Question was avoided. Hopefully everything's OK on that front.

Goaty

Mr Soap! You gone too far!!! Not that, not the Word!!!!!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emp on 13 July, 2012, 08:19:23 PM
ARRGHHH!!!...take it away,take it away!!

I wish it would come back. The pedestrian Graham Norton is about as adventurous as entertainment telly gets these days.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 July, 2012, 08:53:51 PM

Looks like a tv test card..

Just trust me, don't check any clips online about The Word, ever!

Adrian Bamforth

I haven't read the script but personally I think it would be a bit of a shame if there's as little actual sci-fi in the movie as there is in the trailer. Obviously, there are sci-fi embelishments such as psychic powers and futuristic drugs (though not that much wierder than the effects of actual Hallucinogens), and much has been contemporised for budget reasons, though if the story is basically about getting into, or out of, a building for law enforcement purposes a la The Raid (haven't seen it) using weaponry, is there actually much left to make it different from a crime based action movie?

One of the things I like about sci-fi is its power to make you think, or take a present issue to its logical conclusion. Interestingly, the trailer sets up the tower block story rather than the justice system setting, while the first film's story does at least attempt to cover a lot of themes (cloning, political corruption, the role of justice) and has a story in which the setting couldn't be seen as just window-dressing. It reminds me a bit of X-Files II, in which little paranormal actually happened, perhaps in order to reach outside of the fan audience, actually confused everyone. I'm looking forward to it, though if it's a hit I might just look forward to a more epic Origins-style sequel more.

Mardroid

While I thought the slo-mo affect in those shots looked very good, (and it should be noted it's not just slow motion) I do hope they use it sparingly. I.e. little bits here and there. If they have long drawn out sequences in every action scene I can see that getting old quick.

I don't say that to be negative. I'm very hyped for the film, honestly! Just voicing a concern.

Goaty

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 July, 2012, 09:24:07 PM
While I thought the slo-mo affect in those shots looked very good, (and it should be noted it's not just slow motion) I do hope they use it sparingly. I.e. little bits here and there. If they have long drawn out sequences in every action scene I can see that getting old quick.

I don't say that to be negative. I'm very hyped for the film, honestly! Just voicing a concern.

Honest in my view, I think the Slo-Mo affect happens when someone in the Slo-Mo drug.

vzzbux

If ever I had any doubt about the Dredd film, Which I don't think I ever did, after the last few weeks all negative had been dissolved.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

Ooh 2000AD tweet this;

What an amazing panel - Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby rock!! Photos soon, Earthlets.

James Stacey

One or two reviews have said the slo-mo is well spaced out, I'm sure Mr Mocco can say yay or nay to that.

Steve Green

From what I recall of my browse through the script, it's reigned back on in the middle.