Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

^IT'S FULL OF SPOILERS.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 July, 2012, 01:06:17 AM
^IT'S FULL OF SPOILERS.

I bet you miss the modify edit button... it really should be there after first post!

JOE SOAP

It's up and down like a whore's knickers.

Goaty

dracula1

Quote from: Goaty on 27 July, 2012, 12:37:25 AM
Awesome cover for Dredd in Empire!

Have you spotted the little door on Dredd's glove in this hi-res pic! . . . lovely detailed costume design. Any idea's on functionality?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 27 July, 2012, 12:37:08 PM
Have you spotted the little door on Dredd's glove in this hi-res pic! . . . lovely detailed costume design. Any idea's on functionality?

Communicator.

JamesC

It's gotta be a slide up panel - the tab goes into that recess when it's slid open and then I expect there's a communicator or computer screen of some kind underneath.

dracula1

Excellent attention to detail.

Steve Green

dracula1

:lol: or a picture of Stallone sellotaped to his wrist.

Danbo

I thought it might be a magnetic plate which he stuck his next magazine to when in a firefight.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

W. R. Logan

It's a mirror to check if his moustache is growing

Steve Green

Grimace template.

If he ever feels it's slipping, he just puts his lips on the pad and the botox kicks in.

dracula1

It's a bionic sticker giveaway stuck to his arm from one of the early prog's!

mejustnow

Just want to duck into this thread again to metaphorically take my hat off to Karl Urban.

I know that doing the press junkets and convention thing is locked tightly into contracts now, but the enthusiasm he's approached this part of his task with, coupled with what seems to be a very natural out-going and affable style, have really helped to push this movie into people's consciousnesses, I think.

OK, I know we're talking about geeks here, and most likely not the wider going cinema audience, but still, I think he's done a stellar job at promoting this flick within the geek community, but more importantly to those geeks who don't know Dredd - or only know that *mumble mumble * 1995.

He comes across as a genuinely nice bloke who has a genuine enthusiasm for this project.

I can't wait to see him taking down those perps!
SMUSHY PEAS!!!