Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Yeah it's a great poster based on a classic pose. I took a similar one for the Planet Replicas shoot, but wasn't quite happy with the pose looking back on it so it never got used.

Stan

chuffsteruk

ShockTillYouDropNews ‏@STYDNews
The Fringe: This Dredd 3D Poster Looks Very Familiar http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/169017-the-fringe-this-dredd-3d-poster-looks-very-familiar?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Can someone else tell this bell end what came first?I just Tweeted him the above pic and he said"Sure, but I sincerely doubt the poster creator saw that piece of art."

I replied that Jock just said that it was based on it!! :D

chuffsteruk

Ah, he now says"Well there ya go....awesome!!!"

One more JUDGED! :D

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, the only problem there is that my IMMEDIATE thought on seeing it was 'daredevil'. That's not a bad thing, as i really like the poster for daredevil, and as it goes, i really like the poster for dredd. It's merely the angle and the corner of the buiding, along with the similar mood. Lots of posters look like other posters, it's no biggie. Despite the similarities to daredevil, i'd say that's a fine piece of promo. It's a tiny wee shame about the strapline, but on the whole, yeah, good stuff.

SBT

JOE SOAP

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 02 August, 2012, 07:38:13 PM

Can someone else tell this bell end what came first?I just Tweeted him the above pic and he said"Sure, but I sincerely doubt the poster creator saw that piece of art."

I replied that Jock just said that it was based on it!! :D

Well you can't deny that it's also taking inspiration from other character posing on top of building ledge posters.

dweezil2

Loving the Dredd poster!
Absolutely first class work!
Me wants one.  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

SuperSurfer

Excellent. I like it.

Goaty

Quote from: jock on 02 August, 2012, 07:29:56 PM
That was the inspiration. They even tried it with the flag.

Amazing, Jock, maybe it's better without the flag, as Americans won't to see that if poster of that in US?

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 August, 2012, 07:49:30 PM
Well you can't deny that it's also taking inspiration from other character posing on top of building ledge posters.

The difference between the images would be the semiotics.

Dredd posed atop the city perfectly reflects the thematic concerns of the material; while aggravating his haemorrhoids by perching on architraves is just the kind of thing Pete Parker does most evenings. If that Spiderman image was trying to reflect the theme of the films, Tobey Maguire would have been posed atop Kirsten Dunst.

James Stacey

Think Dredd treading on the stars and stripes might have been a step to far for the yanks. Very nice poster.

Goaty

Quote from: James Stacey on 02 August, 2012, 08:38:32 PM
Think Dredd treading on the stars and stripes might have been a step to far for the yanks. Very nice poster.

Yeah, you tell it better than me :)

Zarjazzer

Wow! brilliant poster of Dredd.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.