Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

From what I know there isn't a premier for it and I asked both Alex and the PR ladies.

I have been into the Empire in Leicester Square (which has the biggest screen outside of Imax in the UK and screen 1 can hold 1,300) and chatted to the manager about what they were up to and I was in Judge Burdis mode. She would like to do something and will be getting back to me when she comes up with something.

Obviously this would be the 2nd best place to see it (some of us have seen it in the 1st best place) and the noise of the film would be amazing inside there!

Bubba Zebill

Total Laymen?...Total Reboot.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bat King

Premiers cost a lot of money... So not too shocked.

Love the idea of doing something for them, great idea John. Can't afford another London trek sadly & in any case, no uniform... So a;ll I can do is re-tweet & pimp on Facebook.

A big publicity push is a great idea.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

PreacherCain

Booked my ticket this morning for Saturday 8th September at midday, as part of the Toronto Film Festival! Sadly I can't go to the midnight screening on Thursday as I've got to work.

Got a ticket to Sightseers too, the new film from Ben Wheatley (Kill List) that looks pretty damn good! Seven Psychopaths was sold out too, unfortunately.

A.Cow

Quote from: radiator on 02 September, 2012, 08:11:08 PM
Thinking about it, it doesnt seem abnormal for a film of Dredd's size to not have a premiere.

A.Cow head hurt!  Too much hard multiple negatives to work out!

auxlen

DREDD has now replaced total recall as the main film advert on my youtube.
i don't know whether that is specific to me or a national thing.

willthemightyW

link=topic=34200.msg704215#msg704215 date=1346614418]
Love the idea of doing something for them, great idea John.
[/quote]

Quote from: Bat King

It would be pretty cool to do something like that!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

willthemightyW

How stupid can these people be?
That's a rhetorical question, as the answer was already demonstrated in their review of Dredd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i-Y8jtPZ5Q
Now I'm not saying they're stupid because of their opinion (but they are!) but because they refer to themselves in some videos/articles as true geeks, not phonies etc, surely if that were they case they wouldn't say "Dredd should have taken his helmet off!"
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: radiator on 02 September, 2012, 07:24:44 PMSo, is it safe to entertain the hope that Dredd will open at no.1 in the UK box office next week?
Top three, I'd say. Number one might be a push, but I hope it makes it.

QuoteDredd seems to be getting a much bigger marketing push than TR did (bizarre, considering their respective budgets).
Depends where you live. No Dredd billboards round this way, and our local Vue in Basingstoke only had a tiny Dredd poster on the wall, but there was a huge Total Recall cut-out ad in the main corridor.

Still: crossing fingers.

radiator

QuoteDepends where you live. No Dredd billboards round this way, and our local Vue in Basingstoke only had a tiny Dredd poster on the wall, but there was a huge Total Recall cut-out ad in the main corridor.

I've seen one small TR poster on the tube, quite a few on the sides of buses, and a single (very short) spot on TV.

I've seen DREDD billboards everywhere - two round the corner from my flat in East London, one on my route to work, another in Leyton, and another on the motorway. Plus I've seen the TV spot at least twice - and I hardly ever watch any broadcast TV.

radiator

Mudcrab

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 September, 2012, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: radiator on 02 September, 2012, 07:24:44 PMSo, is it safe to entertain the hope that Dredd will open at no.1 in the UK box office next week?
Top three, I'd say. Number one might be a push, but I hope it makes it.

QuoteDredd seems to be getting a much bigger marketing push than TR did (bizarre, considering their respective budgets).
Depends where you live. No Dredd billboards round this way, and our local Vue in Basingstoke only had a tiny Dredd poster on the wall, but there was a huge Total Recall cut-out ad in the main corridor.

Still: crossing fingers.

It's not going to be anywhere unless it's being shown. According to their websites, Vue and Cineworld are showing it in a grand total of 3 places. I'm hoping that's wrong but by the looks of it, I'm not getting to see it this week. I'm assuming they're pretty big chains, though no idea really.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

radiator

QuoteIt's not going to be anywhere unless it's being shown. According to their websites, Vue and Cineworld are showing it in a grand total of 3 places. I'm hoping that's wrong but by the looks of it, I'm not getting to see it this week. I'm assuming they're pretty big chains, though no idea really.

Most cinemas haven't updated their websites yet - I believe Dredd is being added to Odeon's booking page tomorrow afternoon.

My local - a Picturehouse cinema - isn't listing anything for next week yet.

HunterZolomon

Quote from: radiator on 03 September, 2012, 11:48:31 AM
New clip on Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a399409/dredd-karl-urban-olivia-thirlby-in-new-preview-clip-video.html

Admirable. :) What I like the most is that the block feels genuine and alive. May sound silly but many of the screen caps we've seen so far made the city feel kind of desolate but this looks great!