Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

If the Possession can get $21 million in its opening weekend, I have hope.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25974&count=0

JOE SOAP

darnmarr

Horror film: looks a bit like the exorcist or something... I can see why it would be popular with the average Joe ...um...'public'.

esoteric ed

QuoteBUDDA BUDDA

QuoteFADOOM

"CHAKA CHAKA CHAKA KHAN, CHAKA KHAN"

This one always stuck in my mind (so I made a Facebook banner from it)  :)

Ed

JOE SOAP

Keef Monkey

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 September, 2012, 11:00:55 PM
If the Possession can get $21 million in its opening weekend, I have hope.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25974&count=0

Yeah, the masses seem to lap that stuff up though. Any horror movie that doesn't look particularly scary or interesting seems to get the neddier folks a bit excited for some reason. It only seems to apply to bad horror films though, no-one seems to go and see the good ones.

Was just browsing Xbox Live and there's a little Dredd thumbnail on the marketplace, clicking on it plays the trailer. A very savvy place to advertise I reckon. Needless to say I watched the trailer. Again.

esoteric ed

JUDGEMENT DAY HAS ARRIVED, enjoy the movie folks and I hope it's all you wish for  :) :thumbsup:

Ed

SuperSurfer

I'll be seeing DREDD 3D on Saturday evening so please refrain from any mention of it on this forum until then.

Thank you.

Stan

Maybe people who go early can comment on the picture minus specs? I'm not going til 19:00.

COMMANDO FORCES

When I started work tonight someone had left the Daily Star on one of the tables, so I acquired it, so I could find that add. I'm now sat at a store in London and just turned to the centre pages to see a DOUBLE PAGE DREDD article. Get the DROKK IN :D

darnmarr

Quote from: Stan on 07 September, 2012, 12:33:34 AM
Maybe people who go early can comment on the picture minus specs? I'm not going til 19:00.
If you fear spoiler...keep away from the boards! seriously the only downside, for me, of seeing it ,-was that I'd been picking hungrily at every scrap and didn't go in fresh.

Stan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 September, 2012, 12:35:00 AM
When I started work tonight someone had left the Daily Star on one of the tables, so I acquired it, so I could find that add. I'm now sat at a store in London and just turned to the centre pages to see a DOUBLE PAGE DREDD article. Get the DROKK IN :D

Thanks! I didn't even bother reading past the advert. I'll check it out.

Quote from: darnmarr on 07 September, 2012, 12:44:59 AM
Quote from: Stan on 07 September, 2012, 12:33:34 AM
If you fear spoiler...keep away from the boards! seriously the only downside, for me, of seeing it ,-was that I'd been picking hungrily at every scrap and didn't go in fresh.

:)

What I meant was that maybe they could comment on the picture quality without the glasses on. Just in case the blur is subtle. Personally I'm more concerned with sound quality than picture quality and 2Ders may feel it's worth seeing until another option becomes available.

Though I suppose you have to factor in the quality of different cinemas.

Stan

As predicted, the Mail screws up the Rotten score.  :lol:

Judge Dreadful: He's the crime fighter who makes Dirty Harry look namby-pamby, but behind the stylish looks the new Judge Dredd is anything but comic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-2199563/Judge-Dreadful-Hes-crime-fighter-makes-Dirty-Harry-look-namby-pamby-stylish-looks-new-Judge-Dredd-comic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

MR. ELIMINATOR

Argh can't sleep!!!

Quote from: Stan on 07 September, 2012, 01:33:18 AM
As predicted, the Mail screws up the Rotten score.  :lol:

Judge Dreadful: He's the crime fighter who makes Dirty Harry look namby-pamby, but behind the stylish looks the new Judge Dredd is anything but comic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-2199563/Judge-Dreadful-Hes-crime-fighter-makes-Dirty-Harry-look-namby-pamby-stylish-looks-new-Judge-Dredd-comic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

They count as a critic on RT?

JOE SOAP

Apparently we read folios instead of comics as kids.

Tookey can go Fookey himself.