Previous topic - Next topic

rog

Just seen it in 3D, Urban kicks ass :D

Blooming great!

Goaty

radiator

Ha, that's brilliant!  :lol:

Spikes

On a still gloriously sunny day, ive just got back from seeing Dredd in 3D -   :thumbsup:
Sorted.

Something Fishy

My envy metre is going through the roof.

Unblind bastards the lot of you  :lol:

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 04:11:09 PM
Awesome!!

That pic great!
Going to use that as my timeline pic 8-)

Steve Green

The Sherman Kid

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 September, 2012, 02:15:58 PMCan't remember where I read it, but there would be more 3D showings initially, then 2D would be more common.
Vue and Showcase have said they have no plans to show it at all. Odeon had it listed in one cinema. Judging from the lists available online, the only places showing it in 2D are often cinemas that aren't showing any 3D films, so presumably they don't have the capability. I hope that the film does really well and we see some 2D prints, but I've a feeling I'll be eagerly waiting for Dredd to show up on iTunes as a rental in a few months.

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 02:22:36 PMThey need to increase that massively is they're to be inclusive and ensure this doesn't cut into the positive buzz.  It doesn't just affect a handful of people.  Those who can't and those who won't combined are a lot of people.
I imagine in reality it won't make that much difference, but it is frustrating. My Twitter feed earlier today was full of replies from people who are 10-, 20- or 30-year Dredd fans, but who literally cannot see in 3D, or who have dizziness issues that means they can't watch 3D films. Doing a Twitter search for 'Dredd 2D' was even more enlightening, with a constant stream of complaints, suggestions that Kermode should complain about this on radio, and questions to cinema chains (who aren't saying much) about the possibility of a few 2D showings.

Here's hoping Dredd makes a bundle of cash, and any sequel that's greenlit is big enough that there will be a choice for those who need it.

hazy efc

WOW just got back after seein dredd and its brilliant,1st up for a 2am showing it was very busy which was fantastic there was a big group of noisey teens at the back and i thought here we go there gunna ruin this for me but once the movie started the room was dead silent because the movie`s that good or dredd scared the shit outa them haha, carl urban is amazing as dredd he is a badass in the movie and olivia thirlby is great as anderson as well and as for lena headey as mama thats 1 sick bitch haha she is great the plot is gripping the music score is fantastic film of the year for me i cant say enough good things about it and all on $45mil budget WOW im so happy after being sooo let down as a kid back in 95 when i went to see that other movie it doesnt deserve to be called judge dredd,the movie i just watched is the only movie to lay claim as to being a dredd movie its THE dredd movie i really hope it does well at the box office it deserves to and if it does fingers crossed we get sequel if not never mind at least were left with a great movie  :thumbsup: 

Something Fishy

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 September, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 07 September, 2012, 02:15:58 PMCan't remember where I read it, but there would be more 3D showings initially, then 2D would be more common.
Vue and Showcase have said they have no plans to show it at all. Odeon had it listed in one cinema. Judging from the lists available online, the only places showing it in 2D are often cinemas that aren't showing any 3D films, so presumably they don't have the capability. I hope that the film does really well and we see some 2D prints, but I've a feeling I'll be eagerly waiting for Dredd to show up on iTunes as a rental in a few months.

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 02:22:36 PMThey need to increase that massively is they're to be inclusive and ensure this doesn't cut into the positive buzz.  It doesn't just affect a handful of people.  Those who can't and those who won't combined are a lot of people.
I imagine in reality it won't make that much difference, but it is frustrating. My Twitter feed earlier today was full of replies from people who are 10-, 20- or 30-year Dredd fans, but who literally cannot see in 3D, or who have dizziness issues that means they can't watch 3D films. Doing a Twitter search for 'Dredd 2D' was even more enlightening, with a constant stream of complaints, suggestions that Kermode should complain about this on radio, and questions to cinema chains (who aren't saying much) about the possibility of a few 2D showings.

Here's hoping Dredd makes a bundle of cash, and any sequel that's greenlit is big enough that there will be a choice for those who need it.

and I am one of them.

I didn't see your twitter post, apologies as i would also have replied to you.  It's a bloody shame.

Choice.  There's an idea I thought we had understood in this Paralympic week but no it seems we will still just look after the majority and ignore the minority and their pesky disabilities.  I hope hollywood and it's 3d project fails badly i really do.  Even my wife who can see it hates it, dark and a load of bollocks is her view of it.

Something Fishy

I'm so gutted by this I'm going to cancel my sub come Monday.  This is as blind to disability as i will one day be.  It's disgusting.

judge cooper

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 04:34:03 PM
My envy metre is going through the roof.

Unblind bastards the lot of you  :lol:
I have to wait till it comes out on DVD
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Something Fishy

and me but i feel uninclined to bother now.

I think they have ended a 35 year friendship with this attitude.

Keef Monkey

I'm not a fan of 3D at all, I find at best it adds nothing, and at worst it turns the film into a murky mess. I loved the 3D in Dredd though, it's handled really well and adds great depth of field to certain sequences, and the colour palette seems almost designed to overcome the tint of the glasses sometimes.

If it's any help Cineworld in Glasgow have two 2D showings a night so that chain might be a good option.

Also, not sure if you're serious about cancelling the sub Fishy, but that's pretty mad. The decision to show 3D or 2D prints is, I'm pretty sure, completely out of the hands of the film-makers and distributors (and certainly has nothing at all to do with the comic publishers). The cinemas themselves decide which they'll show and how many screenings to allocate to each based on how much money they expect to make, the reason it varies between films is because they expect more people to go and see one film than another, so a larger number of people will attend the 2D screenings too.

I'd imagine they just assume Dredd isn't going to do Pixar business so aren't being as accommodating to the film and it's (potential) fans.

If 3D really isn't an option for you then it's a real shame you'll miss out as a fan, it must feel awful, but I can't help feel cancelling your sub would be directing that anger in entirely the wrong place.