Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

even the wood looks tasty in that picture    :o

Fisticuffs

As I imagine others have noticed already, Dredd has been removed from YouTube. Yay!

JOE SOAP

junox

JOE that really gets us down........... that's 3 FULL movies on You Tube for DREDD now ,  WTF   is it just because its DREDD or does this happen with all movies  ??
Spanish , Latin i think and a weird Russian 1  with weird ghosting
users to report to You Tube
or lionsgate
sansz rojas
Никита Столяров
Adolf Montoya

Rusty

It's not just Youtube. I was checking out Justin TV last night out of boredom to find something to watch and I came across at least two channels broadcasting Dredd. The Hobbit has recently had a DVD screener leaked, and people on there are fearful of showing it because apparently channels were being closed down quickly after showing it. I clicked into one broadcasting it to watch a few seconds of it (haven't been to see it yet and intend to at the weekend) and it got shut down after about 30 seconds of me being there. As Joe says, someone isn't doing their job right. They either just don't care, or have just chalked Dredd off as a complete loss.

Spikes

That Russian one with the weird ghosting is meant to be in 3D...
With You-Tube it used to be that you couldnt post anything over ten minutes(?) in length, but sinced thats changed its full films galore on there now.
Dont they police their own site?

Rusty

Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 January, 2013, 06:26:16 PM
That Russian one with the weird ghosting is meant to be in 3D...
With You-Tube it used to be that you couldnt post anything over ten minutes(?) in length, but sinced thats changed its full films galore on there now.
Dont they police their own site?
They do. Put a scene up showing a bit of titty, and it'll get torn down faster than you can say "boo". Upload something graphic like a suicide or something awful, or a full film, and they take their sweet time looking into it.

Fisticuffs

Just report Dredd for nudity, stick the timestamp at 45:48 or somewhere close, and hope it gets taken off. Yes it's a losing battle, but if it means one more person buys it on Bluray than I don't mind doing it.

Spikes

Quote from: Rusty on 02 January, 2013, 06:29:09 PM
They do. Put a scene up showing a bit of titty, and it'll get torn down faster than you can say "boo". Upload something graphic like a suicide or something awful, or a full film, and they take their sweet time looking into it.

Now ill admit to being a bit of a hypocrite. Ive often been thankful that somebody has posted an older forgotten gem of a film, or some documentary thats been taped off telly from years ago, but this does take the piss.
If the first one got taken down then Lionsgate are on the case? But saying that, ill bet YouTube wouldnt allow, or would quickly take down a film from a bigger studio - with bigger lawyers, without too much prompting.

Frank

radiator

Lionsgate are notoriously, aggressively protective of their IPs - they have actually threatened an acquaintance of mine for a very marginal copyright infringement (though the person in question totally deserved it and didn't have a leg to stand on).

The fact that these uploaders haven't received cease and desist orders yet is probably due to it being the holiday period.

Hawkmumbler

Well that one I posted up the other day has been taken down...someone IS doing there job a bit...

DrJomster

Not sure if this has been posted a million times or not but the soundtrack is going for only six quid on iTunes! BARGAIN!!!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Spikes

And its a tenner in HMV, apparently..

Rusty

Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 January, 2013, 07:07:59 PM
Quote from: Rusty on 02 January, 2013, 06:29:09 PM

Now ill admit to being a bit of a hypocrite. Ive often been thankful that somebody has posted an older forgotten gem of a film, or some documentary thats been taped off telly from years ago, but this does take the piss.
If the first one got taken down then Lionsgate are on the case? But saying that, ill bet YouTube wouldnt allow, or would quickly take down a film from a bigger studio - with bigger lawyers, without too much prompting.
I harassed the tit who uploaded the full film that was posted in the link a few pages back. I sent him various private messages telling him that he better take it off as I'd informed Lionsgate and Youtube about his channel, to which his response was "Go fuck yourself. Get a life." Fair enough, I said. I then checked yesterday to find Dredd and a few other vids of his were removed, but not his channel. Strange that. I sent another message to him stating that he'd shit his kecks from the threats I issued and that he was a good lad for obeying me. His response was that he never removed it himself and that it was taken down. He never specified who. Though it does raise the question: if it were Youtube, why not just ban him for breaching their terms and agreement policy? Surely it's against their rules to upload full films, albums and such on a channel and only have a channel for that purpose?