Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Sweet. I think we all know what this means. ;-)

darnmarr

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 March, 2013, 11:53:35 AM
...China only allows 34 foreign films a year be released...
Interesting; any idea how the lucky 34 are picked?

Stan

I was actually wondering about this the other day because Red Dawn doesn't appear to have a release date in mainland China. Though, as Dredd has proved with China and Japan, sometimes it's difficult to confirm beforehand with lists you find on the internet.

Stan

CHINA ALL TIME OPENINGS
http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/opening/

I just wanted an idea of the cash potential.

Stan

That actually seems a little unpredictable.

Thinking about it though, if there was one type of 'hero' the Chinese government would like to promote you'd think it'd be someone like Dredd.

PS: Triple post. >8O

shaolin_monkey

I FINALLY saw Joe Soap's pic on the hoarding during the bike chase scene. I wonder if Dave Gibbons got a mention in the credits...?

Spikes

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 March, 2013, 05:43:43 PM
I wonder if Dave Gibbons got a mention in the credits...?

In a roundabout way, yes.

TordelBack

Has the collective seen this one from Manly Men Doing Manly Things yet?  I rather liked it - a mildly informed discussion ensues in the comments.

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/hope-alls-yall-picked-up-dredd-on-bluray

Hawkmumbler

Those uniforms are completely different! BURN THE FAR MORE TALENTED ARTEST THAN I!!!!

IndigoPrime

Heh—I've seen similar arguments, but the point is the drug is addictive (leading to people committing crimes to acquire it), not allowed by the government (in an obvious parallel to relatively 'safe' drugs like cannabis today), and used by people in inappropriate conditions (such as when driving).

Fun cartoon though.

radiator

Plus there's an inherent suggestion all along - just as in the comics - that the judges are part of the problem, not the solution.

captain_skank

Quote from: radiator on 05 March, 2013, 12:19:15 PM
Plus there's an inherent suggestion all along - just as in the comics - that the judges are part of the problem, not the solution.

Thats a five stretch in the cubes right there sunshine. :)
Gaze into the fist of DREDD

Stan

Is it just me or did that seem a bit harsh?

Michaelvk

Quote from: Stan on 06 March, 2013, 05:02:59 PM
Is it just me or did that seem a bit harsh?

I think it's pretty light, considering it's a subversion charge..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..