Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

DVD review? Pathetic change-of-heart, like one mag (possibly Total Film—either that or Empire) did for Phantom Menace?

Steve Green

A single reviewer doesn't make a magazine.

Dandontdare

Today's Guardian has a feature on "The 23 best character actors in the world" -Domhall Gleason features at #16 and Olivia Thirlby at #22 - but in the "what you'll have seen them in" bit, they mention Anna Karenina and Juno among others, but neither one mentions Dredd. Typical!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 April, 2013, 08:18:00 AM
Today's Guardian has a feature on "The 23 best character actors in the world" -Domhall Gleason features at #16 and Olivia Thirlby at #22 - but in the "what you'll have seen them in" bit, they mention Anna Karenina and Juno among others, but neither one mentions Dredd. Typical!
Seems fair as nobody actually saw them in it.
We never really die.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Lists like that really annoy me. I'd prefer it just called it something like 23 character actors, or good character actors, instead of the best.

junox

another  art cover for  DREDD 3D
----------

IndigoPrime

Nice addition of Anderson. A pity the UK/US release didn't do the same.

darnmarr

Never mind Peach Trees,  Ezquerra block seems to have taken right  hammering...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: darnmarr on 17 April, 2013, 03:43:30 PM
You can only defend so much with a moustache and pen.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 17 April, 2013, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: darnmarr on 17 April, 2013, 03:43:30 PM
You can only defend so much with a moustache and pen.
:)
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Goaty

Sorry as been think about this for while, I DO believe that Clan Techie is Chopper.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Goaty on 19 April, 2013, 10:18:59 PM

Sorry as been think about this for while, I DO believe that Clan Techie is Chopper.

Wow. WTF? How? Why?

Goaty

I did think about that till saw it at Dredd screening in London, and check it at cinemas and DVDs with subtitles, he don't got name, and we don't know about him much, only that Ma-Ma takes his eyes, what if Alex Garland has planned to do that to give him brutal beginning on his character in realistic than comic version to became the surfer as we knew?

darnmarr

'Clan techie' didn't exactly strike me as the irrepressible free-spirit type: after escaping the law once, I can't imagine him doing anything to draw attention to himself again, man seemed thoroughly broken.
- But maybe that's just me.

Goaty

You're right, darnmarr, but what if that was to make him grew from it and became free-spirit...?

Also I thought of that when saw this cover;