Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 04 August, 2013, 11:27:35 AM
Can't help thinking that the 'There's going to be an official decision very soon!!!' post on the Dredd Sequel Facebook page a few weeks back was just a complete fabrication though. :(

Even if that post was true, and I've no idea whether it was or not, DNA have the rights for another 4 years or so.

Just because something doesn't happen within a month or so, doesn't mean much one way or the other.

Beadle68

Just been into morrisons and noticed Dredd at number 3 in the dvd charts  :). Nice to see it still doing well in dvd/blu ray sales. I am sure a sequel will be a more lucrative proposition for all involved as the dvd sales prove it has found its audience and been accepted for what it is , a Bloody good movie.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 04 August, 2013, 11:27:35 AM
Can't help thinking that the 'There's going to be an official decision very soon!!!' post on the Dredd Sequel Facebook page a few weeks back was just a complete fabrication though. :(

I think if it was a complete fabrication, at the fan-end of the equation, it's less likely 2000AD & Rebellion would've gotten involved. All indicators suggest it was true but there was never a guarantee DNA would tell us their decision. They certainly won't be saying it's not going to happen until the license has expired.

Goaty

Anyone want vote Dredd for Top 5 Superhero movies of all times. Dredd was just add as many people vote on other:D

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/08/05/vote-your-top-5-superhero-movies-of-all-time-2013-edition/

Goaty

Awesome, Make A Dredd Sequel post this;

Goaty

Nice to see that Sky Movies Superheroes advert got Dredd in it!

Bat King

But Dredd isn't a Superhero...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

James Stacey

Nor is Batman. Try and get the man on the street to understand that though :)

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

What's his super power?

radiator

Superhero doesn't mean Superhuman.

James Stacey

So Dredd is as much a super hero as Batman then ?

radiator

I see what you're getting at but I'm not biting. No, Dredd's a cop, and often an antihero, even a villain, depending on the story.

I'd argue that Batman's intellect, technology wealth and physical abilities all but give him superpowers. Just because he doesn't have supernatural powers doesn't mean he's not a superhero.

radiator

Also, Dredd has no secret identity, wears a uniform rather than a costume, doesn't have a sidekick, and works for The Man. He also kills millions of people.

James Stacey

Not trying to start an argument :) Just curious as I've always assumed a 'super' hero required super powers else he's just a hero