Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Love this post on that link;

This man would turn down Star Wars for a Judd Dredd sequel. Nothing you can do but respect that

Hawkmumbler

dracula1

Looking forward to seeing the short. I wonder if Karl stars in it?

COMMANDO FORCES

That's not new news, it was said last year what and if there were sequels, what they would be.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 August, 2013, 10:40:06 PM
That's not new news, it was said last year what and if there were sequels, what they would be.

Only the video at the bottom of the page is from last year; the text is from a recent IGN interview about Almost Human:

IGN: If there were to be a sequel, where would you like to see that character go?

Urban: Look there's many places that I'd like to see that character go. You know, I personally would like to see almost an origin story. To see how that world got the way it got. In Almost Human, there's still an optimism and a hope. We're still striving to be the best of what humanity can be. In the world of Dredd, humanity has given up. There's a dystopian vision of the future. I'd really like to see how it got that way, how the Judges came to be. To me that's interesting. There's a story, a great comic, it's Origins, and that would be the great basis for a movie. Fans are screaming out for a Dark Judges movie. That would be a great one, but you know that's a movie that's going to take a budget. If you want to do that, you want to do it right. It's much easier to go out into the desert and try and search for the origins of the Judges than to introduce Judge Death. Though again, that would be phenomenal. But you know, at the end of the day, we made Dredd as a stand-alone film and I couldn't be more proud of it. I am thrilled by the fact that it's found an audience that appreciates it. Every single day I get people asking me, 'When's there going to be a Dredd sequel?' I went to buy a bottle of wine the other day and the guy behind the counter said, 'Are you Judge Dredd? First of all, how did he recognize me? Secondly, just the fact that he's a guy at the bottle store saying 'I want to see more of that!' That's cool by me.

COMMANDO FORCES

Alex said that those would be the way the sequels would pan out. Second, Origins - Cursed Earth and third Death.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 August, 2013, 11:03:27 PM
Alex said that those would be the way the sequels would pan out. Second, Origins - Cursed Earth and third Death.

Yep, but not in this current context of budget and sequel talk. It's news when Karl is asked about these things now.

DrJomster

But Minty showed you can bring the awesome in the Cursed Earth with a very low budget. And then according to the (not very original round these parts) master plan it'd do really well and the Dark Judges third film would be green lit with a ginormous budget! Yep.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Steve Green

I couldn't really fathom why Book of Eli cost $80m, and the Road a quarter of that.

Maybe Denzel and Gary Oldman bumped the cost up.

Bat King

Dredd/Minty Cross over as a sequel!

A dimension sucking vortex pops Dredd (Karl Urban [Star Trek]) into an alternate Cursed Earth outside an alternate Mega City One. He teams up with Minty (Edmund Dehn [Knightmare {which trumps Star Trek!!!}]) and battles it out against Mutants, Robot Soldiers, Dinosaurs and compare notes on each other's Judge Anderson.

Sorted!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bat King on 08 August, 2013, 01:10:34 AM
Dredd/Minty Cross over as a sequel!

A dimension sucking vortex pops Dredd (Karl Urban [Star Trek]) into an alternate Cursed Earth outside an alternate Mega City One. He teams up with Minty (Edmund Dehn [Knightmare {which trumps Star Trek!!!}]) and battles it out against Mutants, Robot Soldiers, Dinosaurs and compare notes on each other's Judge Anderson.

Sorted!

Well, IDW do Start Trek comics, too, so y'never know...

Steve Green

That would be pretty weird, Urban Dredd meeting Urban Bones.

Stan

Would DNA's license also cover something like a TV series? Not that I'm a particular fan of that option.

And I'd tend to put Dredd in the 'comicbook hero' category. Plus Marvel can't sue me that way.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Stan on 10 August, 2013, 12:27:51 AM
Would DNA's license also cover something like a TV series?

I believe so as it extends to all audio/visual rights.

Stan

Aaah, thanks. That did seem like a silly question.