Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 09 January, 2014, 09:00:31 AM
It's apples and oranges innit. The one thing both films have in common was that they both should have done better at the box office.

Pacific Rim made over $400 million. I think it did about as good as any Kaiju film could.

radiator

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 January, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

Quote from: radiator on 09 January, 2014, 09:00:31 AM
It's apples and oranges innit. The one thing both films have in common was that they both should have done better at the box office.

Pacific Rim made over $400 million. I think it did about as good as any Kaiju film could.

Transformers 3, another movie about giant robots, made over a billion. Either way, it didn't do as well as expected.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 January, 2014, 11:16:02 AM
Sorry mate, I didn't mean come across as to totally bashing your opinion. Just stating my own is all.  It's all horses for courses, innit?

Fuck you and the very reasonable horse you rode in on, bub!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 09 January, 2014, 04:37:26 PM
Transformers 3, another movie about giant robots, made over a billion. Either way, it didn't do as well as expected.

Transformers was a huge brand that sold the world over and was another Micheal Bay film about Americans and their cities being destroyed.

Stan

It also had Shia Labeouf in it.

dracula1

Shit lepouf's acting skills ensured the success of the Transformers franchise. As did his appearance in the last Indie movie.

radiator

Sad thing is, I actually used to think Shia Leboef was alright. I didn't even think he was too bad in KS. He's totally pissed all my goodwill against the wall since, of course. Colossal moron.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 10 January, 2014, 04:54:28 PM
Sad thing is, I actually used to think Shia Leboef was alright. I didn't even think he was too bad in KS. He's totally pissed all my goodwill against the wall since, of course. Colossal moron.

I think you've pushed him too far, he's...gone.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Ha, for some reason I thought all the last few posts were all by joe soap and he was debating with himself.

Also, it's just my opinion, but I think all this 'it's just my opinion' stuff makes his film is better then that arguments pretty dull.

I reckon pacific rim was rubbish and people won't even be talking about it in a couple more months, the raid was good on kung fu but a bit shit in story (why kill all the cops apart from the small group so fast?) and Dredd is great. Having said that I watched the blu-ray and the cgi city seemed far more noticeable then when I watched it at the cinema. I fear it may not age well. Having said that also, people probably thought that about  shit practical effects for dated sci-fi and action, and now they have a charm about them. Only time will tell IMHO

p.s has anyone watched the trailer to alien: isolation?

Theblazeuk

I have watched the trailer for Alien: Isolation.

It looks dead good though I am not of the widely held opinion that guns ruin the horror of Alien. I remember AvP.... However this is a much more creative interpretation anyway.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 13 January, 2014, 10:28:19 AM
I have watched the trailer for Alien: Isolation.

It looks dead good though I am not of the widely held opinion that guns ruin the horror of Alien. I remember AvP.... However this is a much more creative interpretation anyway.

Yeah true, but suppose it does need to be one alien this time. It's been cannon fodder in games and movies for far too long. At least now it can only die once.

Danbo

No checked in for a while,any news?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Steve Green

Not really.

There's an article in Sci-fi Now by Dredd producer Adi Shankar that the Dredd short he's working on is a third completed.

That's due out this year.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 January, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
There's an article in Sci-fi Now by Dredd producer Adi Shankar that the Dredd short he's working on is a third completed.
That's due out this year.

Something to look out for at least.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dweezil2

Let's hope the Urbinator is available for a crafty cameo appearance!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo