Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2014, 01:20:57 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 March, 2014, 01:19:21 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2014, 01:18:01 PM
If there was ad money in airing it, surely it'd be on 'regular' TV?

I have a suspicion there might be a legal bag of hurt incoming from Cartoon Network if they tried that...

Explain, please!

D'oh, I've just realised you may think I mean terrestrial/non-sub TV - I just mean TV, in which I'm including TCN.

Teivion

I was on the understanding Clone Wars and other halted spinoffs are based around a universe that Disney want to rewrite with the new movies, so Disney could have more control/ ownership over new characters etc?

Agreed with comments on a TV show Dredd, although Almost Human was a unique property without 30 years of fans and two movies behind it ( he says hopefully !)

8-Ball

Dredd TV show - set in the movie universe but based in a Sector House a la The Pit. Yes please.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

TordelBack

Quote from: Teivion on 13 March, 2014, 01:39:12 PM
I was on the understanding Clone Wars and other halted spinoffs are based around a universe that Disney want to rewrite with the new movies, so Disney could have more control/ ownership over new characters etc?

Ach, ye are probably all quite correct, my brain is not in great shape today.  It's not the reasons for cancellation I'm arguing with, I just have a problem believing Disney would turn down a few quid - if such were available from a TV broadcast of a completed 13-episode season - when they have no replacement product to offer for 6-18 months. 

Art

Pretty sure it's only the "Expanded Universe" of novels and comics and such that is getting the chop - as a Lucasfilm created bridge between two movies "Clone Wars" is *probably* pretty safe. The same team is currently working on "Rebels", a similar series set between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars.

mimikeke

Good news, Urban's like what, in his forties? We still got another 30 years to make a movie where it'll still be canon for him to be playing Dredd. :-\  :lol:

IAMTHESYSTEM

Some people have previously suggested that KickStarter https://www.kickstarter.com/  would be the way to get a second Film made.

I can't help feeling that this is unrealistic as the expense of DREDD's futuristic setting alone means far more money than enthusiasts such as ourselves could raise even with a Kickstarter campaign.

Judge Dredd was hardly box office gold either. You could claim both Movies failed to reach their potential. The cold ,hard arithmetic proves that.

The comic is all we have at the moment and apart from a reference to a fan made film project somewhere there definitely ain't gonna be a second Dredd Movie or TV show for the moment. Boo! :(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dracula1

Straight from the horses mouth . . . is this the demise of our beloved Dredd movie thread after 700 plus discussions?  :(

Richard

Let's push for one thousand pages.

junox

people will always talk about  DREDD 2012  its a classic movie and  (CULT)

:o

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

Great image and very strong likeness. More.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

shaolin_monkey

Bloody brilliant, although the image obscures the logo a bit...

The Bissler

Yes, and I think it would be better if Anderson was painted a little brighter.  Other than that, it's ace!

Goaty

It's really great poster, I used it as wallpaper on my iPad, it is similar to one of my favourite posters;