Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

@SB I wouldn't have though Cam drew the 'PHATOOM' - as its stuck on, rather than drawn directly onto the page, and Steve Potter is the credited letterer for that particular episode.

Though curiously, on the panels were there is enough white space, the speech balloons have been drawn directly onto the page of art. Never really come across that before.

Skullmo

It's not a bromide is it? (See earlier discussion about Cam Kennedy page someone had)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

hippynumber1

Something of a curiosity this one: when Dave Kendall pencilled the cover to Prog 1898 he transferred the pencils to board ready to paint in acrylics. He got this far and was so disappointed with how it was coming out he abandoned it, rescanned the pencils and painted it digitally instead.

Skullmo

I dont know how anyone could be disappointed with this, it's great
It's a joke. I was joking.

bartosznowicki

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 May, 2010, 08:49:26 PM
Hey J3DI, check out my pride and joy. I'm gonna update it this week too:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=7767

You have some great items in your collection!

bartosznowicki

Quote from: puggdogg on 29 May, 2010, 03:51:51 PM
I met Colin Wilson at the Melbourne Sopanova last month. He did an original Dredd illustration for me. I scanned it in, cleaned it up a bit and applied my own colours using Photoshop.

Deviant Art linkhttp://www.puggdogg.deviantart.com/#/d2o4qvk
Larger version http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/111/5/6/Dredd_by_Colin_Wilson_17_04_10_by_puggdogg.jpg

good work :)

simon

Anyone interested in buying work from the current Slaine 'Primordial' story  please PM me for prices and please describe/include a jpg of the page/s you are interested in...all pages from the previous book, A Simple Killing are now sold, as is all my other comic work so this is a chance to get in early ...

hippynumber1

Do it people, you will NOT regret it! Simon is a pleasure to talk to and his original pages are things of beauty! I've just reserved my third piece with him...

Colin YNWA

Hmm  that's so tempting. Not sure I can make the deal but there is one page in particular... no harm in asking I guess...

bartosznowicki

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 20 May, 2015, 05:30:05 PM
Do it people, you will NOT regret it! Simon is a pleasure to talk to and his original pages are things of beauty! I've just reserved my third piece with him...

I did it as well, and it will be my first piece by Simon :)

I flicked through your CAF page and WOW, you have some stunners in your collection, fair play.

I'm new to collecting art, all I've got so far is this Simon Bisley's sketch: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1213173

I have some Judge Dredd commissions ordered, so I'm looking forward to see them when they are ready. Page from Slain will be actually my first original comic book page ever :D

Geoff

Congrats on your first original art page, I'm sure it won't be your last..

bartosznowicki

Quote from: Geoff on 20 May, 2015, 09:50:54 PM
Congrats on your first original art page, I'm sure it won't be your last..

Thanks Geoff, yes, I think you might be right ;)

hippynumber1

Quote from: bartosznowicki on 20 May, 2015, 08:59:22 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 20 May, 2015, 05:30:05 PM

I did it as well, and it will be my first piece by Simon :)

I flicked through your CAF page and WOW, you have some stunners in your collection, fair play.

Page from Slain will be actually my first original comic book page ever :D

Cheers! And it all started with a Slaine page many years ago! Welcome to our addiction...

ming

Despite the slippery slope nature of art collecting I've somehow managed to have the brakes on for a while...

Despite that, I did pick up a nice Sinister Dexter page a while back (and also one from Black Siddah, which I'll probably sell when I get around to it).

Dialogue is on acetate on this one.