Main Menu

Nemesis the Warlock hardcover reprint and volume two

Started by IndigoPrime, 29 September, 2020, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Attention all deviants: Nemesis hardcovers are now up for pre-order

Last year, a brand new hardcover edition of Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill's groundbreaking 2000 AD series Nemesis the Warlock sold out in just 24 hours. There's good news for those who missed out though—not only is the second limited edition volume now available to pre-order, but fans can also grab a reprint of the first volume!

Nemesis the Warlock: The Later Heresies is the brand new, limited-edition English-language hardcover collection bringing together the second phase of Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill's seminal sci-fi epic, Nemesis the Warlock. It follows the Nemesis the Warlock: The Early Heresies collection, which sold out within 24 hours in 2019.

Available exclusively from the 2000 AD webshop, these books will be available for pre-order from 12pm BST on Tuesday 29 September until 12pm BST on Monday 12th October.

Pre-order volume one
Pre-order volume two

Developed in conjunction with 2000 AD's French publisher Delirium, The Later Heresies collects the stories 'Ego Trip', 'Book 5: Vengeance of Thoth', 'Book 6: Torquemurder', 'Torquemada the God', 'A Bedtime Story', 'Book 7: The Two Torquemadas', 'A Day in the Death of Torquemada', 'Forbidden Planet', 'Torquemada's Second Honeymoon', 'Torture Tube', and 'Garden of Alien Delights'.

Written by Pat Mills with art by Kevin O'Neill, Bryan Talbot, and John Hicklenton, this edition includes the 'photo stories' by Tony Luke and new scans of 'Torture Tube' by Kevin O'Neill, as well as the colour story 'Torquemada's Second Honeymoon' and thirteen colour covers.

Debuting in 2000 AD 40 years ago, Nemesis the Warlock is an extra-terrestrial extremist guerrilla hell-bent on defeating the bigoted human dictator, Torquemada!

Created by Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill, Nemesis combines his creators' shared imaginative vision, political views, and Catholic upbringing to produce a uncompromising dark fantasy saga of unparalleled world-building. Whether it's epic battles with the bigoted Terminators, high-speed chases through the vast Black Hole bypass, or Nemesis turning up in contemporary Britain, you'll never have read anything like Nemesis the Warlock. Indeed, as a prescient treatise on religious extremism and cycles of violence, the series has never been more relevant.

Highly political—tackling issues of fascism and racism—Nemesis has been long-regarded as one of 2000 AD's most daring and important stories.

Co-creator Kevin O'Neill is joined by artists Jesús Redondo, Bryan Talbot, John Hicklenton, David Roach, Clint Langley, Henry Flint, Carl Critchlow and Tony Luke.

Note for collectors: the dimensions of these books—approx. 21cm × 28cm—is about the same as the Fall of Deadworld volumes, and a similar height to oversized hardcovers from other publishers that you might have in your collection.

Colin YNWA

I don't need new editions of Nemesis. I don't need new editions of Nemesis. I don't need new editions of Nemesis...

Greg M.

Clearly Rebellion have deliberately timed this release to coincide with the success of Nem and Torque in the UNDT.

broodblik

Quote from: Greg M. on 29 September, 2020, 12:35:39 PM
Clearly Rebellion have deliberately timed this release to coincide with the success of Nem and Torque in the UNDT.

I love all these conspiracy theories bring it on. Next we will get the all the Dante You Can Get Full Frontal Double-Deluxe Suppadooba Once-in-a-Life-Time Edition
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: broodblik on 29 September, 2020, 12:52:54 PM
Dante You Can Get Full Frontal Double-Deluxe Suppadooba Once-in-a-Life-Time Edition

I'd buy that!
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Little does my darling wife know, but she has just bought me my Christmas present. Can't beat a joint account, really.

Tomwe

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 29 September, 2020, 12:35:39 PM

Or have I been fixing the votes as part of a very specific and targeted marketing campaign...

CalHab

I like the way that they're guaranteeing pre-orders for the next couple of weeks will get a copy. The last edition of this left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, considering the way that pre-orders were announced first on Zuckerberg's organ, immediately sold out and then many copies were immediately flipped on eBay. It was pretty much a textbook case of how not to do one of these launches. Glad to see Rebellion have changed things.

I've ordered both books, obviously.

IndigoPrime

Yep. It's a sensible thing. Instead of a limited number, do a limited pre-order period. Everyone gets a chance, and Rebellion knows how many to print (which I imagine will include a few extra in case of delivery issues).

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 September, 2020, 02:05:22 PM
Or have I been fixing the votes
I wondered why I'd voted for Ramone Dexter twenty-six times.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 29 September, 2020, 04:26:18 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 September, 2020, 02:05:22 PM
Or have I been fixing the votes
I wondered why I'd voted for Ramone Dexter twenty-six times.

Because you realise what an exceptional character he is and you secretly prefer him to Kano... no really go on, work with that...

Max Headroom

As much as I love my 'Early Heresies' volume, I can't help wishing a little extra time could have been put in to reproduce the missing colour where it was and, perhaps, a better rendition of 'The Gothic Empire' to match the    old Titan one. Having said that, I have pre-ordered volume 2 and am hoping everything that was colour will be faithfully restored and am especially grateful the two 'Dice Man' strips have been included. The whole project just could, and should, have been perfect. Am I expecting to much?

TordelBack

Not that much extra  left over for The Final Heresies, is there? The two Deadlock stories and Tubular Hells, I suppose? What else?

sintec

Books 8-10
Shape Of Things To Come
Bride Of The Warlock
Hammer Of The Warlocks