Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 November, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
I believe that decision will be made for us whether we like it or not.

That's just the kind of defeatist attitude that's going to lose us this war, soldier!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 November, 2011, 07:53:09 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 November, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
I believe that decision will be made for us whether we like it or not.

That's just the kind of defeatist attitude that's going to lose us this war, soldier!

You can't fight nature and the limitation of resources.

The Legendary Shark

Precisely - which is exactly what we're doing right now. We're running way too many linear processes, especially in manufacturing. For example, it's perfectly easy to create biodegradable plastics and yet we still choose to pump out ton after ton of this stuff as bottles that just end up in landfills or deep ocean gyres and entering the food chain all along the way. It's madness the amount of resources we put into stuff that just gets chucked away. (Find a documentary entitled "Addicted to Plastic" for a peep into this unsettling subject).

There are better ways - all we have lacked until now is the will to change. Now the will is emerging, so it's important to know what needs changing and how to proceed responsibly. So yes, I agree with your last statement entirely.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Whatever we do will be decided by the contraction of mass industry, however we decide to react to that in the meantime, the result will be the same, living within our means.

Roger Godpleton

More like Ex-Zorba-tant the Greek.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

My post agreeing with Joe again got swallowed up somehow.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Roger's good with the swallow.

The Legendary Shark

His Mom's better...

And don't ask me how I know. I just know, okay?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

Hey Soap, don't try and blame me for your country's Econo-Mick calamity.

JOE SOAP

Au contraire Monsieur Godpleton I wouldn't think of it, 'youse' fucked our country up long before we did and now we own all your post-office savings, merci.

COMMANDO FORCES

I did my bit for the economy over the last week. I never do overtime but last week I did over 25 hours and the tax from this will help pay off the national debt. You can all thank me up Thought Bubble, when I spend that 25 hours worth of dosh, more tax to the economy. Fuck me I think I'm single handedly gonna save our country  ;)

The Legendary Shark

Um, actually the tax you paid will make the national debt worse. This is because you gave the government a little more money, which they can point to and say "hey, here's a little more tax money - now we can borrow more created money from the private banks against that."

Sorry to burst your Thought Bubble :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

You had to spoil it didn't you  ::)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton