Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

paddykafka

Saw New Order playing 'live at the 3Arena in Dublin last night. Wasn't too familiar with many of their more recent songs but I enjoyed them very much. (And I'll be looking forward to tracking down the albums that the songs were taken from.) But they also played a good few of their older hits too and, for the encore, they finished up with three Joy Division songs. All in all, a terrific gig with a great light-show as well. Highly recommended!

Judge Woody

Bands I would reccomend

Cardiacs
Mr Bungle
Dog Fashion Disco
Devin Townsend

lordmockingbird

Just heard this today. You guys will like this

lordmockingbird

Angry Vince

A kiwi rock band I used to listen to about twenty years ago recently released a whole bunch of stuff online which their agent had held back for 'reasons' until their contract expired.

Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Jade Falcon

I've been listening to a lot of foreign music I've learned of from my Ukrainian friend, just for something different.  Here are a few samples.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

lordmockingbird

lordmockingbird

JayzusB.Christ

Just been going through one of my occasional UK punk phases - UK Subs, The Exploited, Anti-Nowhere League, that kind of thing.  Great to see a lot of them are still around and doing gigs, including the Subs' Charlie Harper who is a few months younger than my 80-year-old dad. 
And Wattie from The Exploited is still rocking the red mohawk at 66, and generally not looking very much like his real name is Walter.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Marbles

Saw The Men They Couldn't Hang at the weekend on their 40th Anniversary tour. Still an excellent live band 👍🏼
Remember - dry hair is for squids