Main Menu

Forum Move

Started by w3bz, 10 July, 2009, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

There'll be some teething pains as always I'm sure, avatars included. Will continue to iron them out but give us a shout here and we'll get on them when we can

w3bz

Proudhuff

aaaagh! where's the ACTIVE TOPICS button?
DDT did a job on me

pauljholden

Might be a safari specific issue, dunno, but the Home / Help / Search / ... / Logout are all superimposed over the search box for me.

Also: it's all strange and unfamiliar, I'm scared, won't somebody hold me...?

-pj

Kerrin

Thank god for that, my computer machine kept telling me I was FORBIDDEN, got a little worried for a while. What the funt do all these buttons do?

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 July, 2009, 06:21:20 PM
aaaagh! where's the ACTIVE TOPICS button?

I also ask: Aaaagh! where's the ACTIVE TOPICS button?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

It's ok, pj, it's ok. I'm here. I'm holding you. I'm scared too. But it's ok. we'll get through this together.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Kerrin

Some of this writing is extremely small young man, is there a version with larger print? what's this button for?Oh.

Lord Running Clam

Dang! I think it's going to take me some time to get used to the new layout.

Also, can't we cover up spoilers anymore?

Colin YNWA

Owwwhhh shiney and new. Exciting

Kerrin

When are we going to have the 2000AD gallery back for avatars? I've broken mine.

locustsofdeath!

Emperor

Good stuff - I looked at a lot of forums a while back and SMF was head and shoulders the best of the bunch. Crank the captcha code up to maximum and it really cuts the spammers down to a trickle. I mentioned the Stop Forum Spam plugin on the spam thread and there is one for SMF too - if the user details get a hit from the SFS database it requires the account to need activation - which should cut the spammers right down.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I, Cosh

"View Unread posts" doesn't seem to be working. Unless it means unread by anyone, rather than just by me which is what I assumed.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 10 July, 2009, 07:30:54 PM
"View Unread posts" doesn't seem to be working. Unless it means unread by anyone, rather than just by me which is what I assumed.
Well, it brought back one topic that time and, sure enough, it had 0 views.
We never really die.