Main Menu

Forum Move

Started by w3bz, 10 July, 2009, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 July, 2009, 01:42:42 PM

"View Active Topics" = show all topics which have been posted on within x days (I think it was a week) irrespective of whether I've read it or not. Useful for going back to check out something you read a couple of hours/days ago because we've all gotten used to doing it that way so have no idea which sub-forum anything's posted on.

Yeah ... that's it. I was struggling to articulate what was missing from the "Unread Posts" option, so thanks, Cosh.

Also: sorry, w3bz, if I was one of the posters who came across as a bit brusque. I did preface my comments with an acknowledgement that this sort of thing is always thankless, but, nonetheless, if I came across as stroppy, this wasn't my intention.

The colour scheme, BTW, is much, much better. And thanks for doing anything from home over the weekend!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

w3bz

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 July, 2009, 10:28:40 AM
Yeah ... I appreciate that something like this is always a thankless task for those who have to implement it, but there are a number of things that will actively keep me off this board, which surely defeats the point of a re-vamp?

1) Active Topics - sorry, I'm not clicking through every category heading to see what the newest post is. We need this back ASAP.

2) Colour scheme - as previously noted, it's very hard to see where one post ends and the next begins. We need a darker grey, I think.

3) Like PJ says - is it just a Safari bug, but top right of my screen shows Home / Help / Search and then a whole bunch of stuff all piled up on top of each other. Actually, it is a Safari issue, because it works OK in Firefox:

Firefox:

Safari:

Nonetheless, Safari is supposed to be a pretty standards-compliant browser, so it's strange that it can't correctly render this part of the layout ...

4) Spoiler tags: may not seem like a big deal, but they were used extensively here.

5) AAAAH! My fucking killfile doesn't work!

Cheers

Jim

(Posted to both the "Forum Move" thread and "The Board" thread in hopes of getting seen by someone who can fix this stuff!)

Firefox / Safari bug should be fixed
You can use [spoiler]some text[/spoiler] for now (by doing ["spoiler"]some text["/spoiler"] without the quotes, will add a button Monday
Wassa killfile?  :-\

Dr Feeley Good

Is there a way of just looking at active topics !

Dr Feeley Good

Also how do i get my avatar back on ? thanks !

Kerrin

First of all, thanks for all your hard work W3bz.

You'll have to excuse me if this a bit of a simpletons question, but is there any way of widening things out a bit? Everything seems to be a bit cramped up horizontally. I appreciate that Rebellion want to bring their range of fantastical novels to our attention but can't the Abaddon Books ad move over to the right a tad?

The other thing is that on the home page for the forum I really am having trouble reading the very small script in the post history box of each section. Any chance of making them slightly bigger?

When you get a chance of course fella.

The darker grey background to the posts is much better.

w3bz

QuoteAlso how do i get my avatar back on ? thanks !

You should be able to upload it via your profile again. Sorry about that, some of them didn't make it  :-[

Active Topics I'll sort Monday

QuoteEverything seems to be a bit cramped up horizontally

Yeah it was to make sure that people on lower resolutions, consoles, handhelds etc wouldn't have too much trouble. From the general feedback I'm likely to do more than one theme so bear with me on that  ;)

QuoteThe other thing is that on the home page for the forum I really am having trouble reading the very small script in the post history box of each section. Any chance of making them slightly bigger?

agreed, will do...

w3bz

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: w3bz on 11 July, 2009, 01:52:06 PM
Firefox / Safari bug should be fixed

w00t!

QuoteYou can use [spoiler]some text[/spoiler] for now (by doing ["spoiler"]some text["/spoiler"] without the quotes, will add a button Monday

Double w00t!

QuoteWassa killfile?  :-\

I used to be able to click on a poster's profile and select "Ignore Posts From This User" ... I'm pretty sure there are a few people who used this feature on me.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dr Feeley Good

Still can't get my avatar back on ! can't see anywhere to upload it !

w3bz

Quote from: SteveMillar on 11 July, 2009, 02:23:16 PM
Still can't get my avatar back on ! can't see anywhere to upload it !

if you go to "profile" then "forum profile information" you've got it under that I think...

QuoteI used to be able to click on a poster's profile and select "Ignore Posts From This User" ... I'm pretty sure there are a few people who used this feature on me.

Ohh, ok...there's probably a mod for that I'll take a ganders Monday

Dr Feeley Good

Kerrin

Pete Wells

QuoteMight have to sort that out Monday mind, don't have all the access I need from home...boo

Yeah I just wanna say a HUGE thank you to W3bz for his patience but most of all for taking the time to do so much work on a freaking Saturday. What a guy/droid!

w3bz

No worries Mr Wells, everyone hates change, just want to make sure it's a smooth as poss  ;)

The Legendary Shark

Thanks for all your hard work, W3bz.

Now I can do this

and this too... weeeeeeeee!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]