Main Menu

Forum Move

Started by w3bz, 10 July, 2009, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: w3bz on 11 July, 2009, 11:23:19 AM
Uncle - it's up the top below the logo called "View unread posts"

But is that not just for replies to my posts?

I want to see all new posts.

Grant Goggans

Whew, got my Columbo back.  Thanks, w3bz.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 12 July, 2009, 03:08:27 AM
Whew, got my Columbo back.  Thanks, w3bz.

Arh now that's what this new version has been missing. Nice to have you back sir.

w3bz

Quote from: SpookyTheCat on 11 July, 2009, 11:30:57 PM
Any chance of having that feature whereby when you pause the mouse on the thread title it pops up a floating box that gives you the first few lines of the message? I find I use that a lot on other forums to save time in working out what I want to read. Also useful for avoiding spam, I find.

Steev

Where would you want that? On the front page or the topics list?

QuoteI would like a feature where i can order a steak sandwich and straw fries and have it delivered whenever i want.

Well 'whenever' you want is certainly better than 'wherever'  ;)

But is that not just for replies to my posts?

There's 2 links, one that's replies to your posts and the other "View unread" which is all new posts appearing in topics irrespective of whether you've posted there or not.

Dandontdare

the search function doesn't seem to work - I just get a screen saying:
"Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. "

so that's what |I'm doing!

And have the rankings been adjusted? Not that I'm complaining mind, since I'm now a posting machine, but I could've sworn I was a sentient tea-bot last week!

w3bz

Search should be working properly now.

Didn't adjust the rankings as far as I'm aware, you might've just posted a few more time and gone over the threshold for a new title :)

w3bz

... and now search should be faster...

Woolly

Ugh! The sites gone all ugly!

No offence to whoever built it, it's certainly better than anything i could do, but it still looks horrible.

Sorry to be Mr Negative...  :(

TordelBack

Not to alarm anyone, but it appears that everyone's e-mail is showing on their profile by default.

w3bz

Quote from: .Woolly on 12 July, 2009, 01:52:18 PM

No offence to whoever built it, it's certainly better than anything i could do, but it still looks horrible.

If you're one of the ones that liked the old design that'll be available soon...

w3bz

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 July, 2009, 02:11:12 PM
Not to alarm anyone, but it appears that everyone's e-mail is showing on their profile by default.

Not to guests, but if you want to hide it fully you can change it in your profile options.

Woolly

Quote from: w3bz on 12 July, 2009, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: .Woolly on 12 July, 2009, 01:52:18 PM

If you're one of the ones that liked the old design that'll be available soon...

Cool. Thats good to know!  :)

TordelBack

Ah.  Got it.  While thanking you for all your hard work on our behalf, I note that the name of the sub-forum you're viewing doesn't appear on the relevant index page, confusing my ageing brain.  Grud hep you w3bz, forcing change onto  bunch of people who've read the same comic for three decades!

w3bz

Ahh on the topic list...herrrmmmm...wonder where that's buggered off to  :o

chris_askham

When I click on 'view unread posts' it tells me there are 0 unread posts to view. Am I doing something wrong?